PDA

View Full Version : ECW getting better?

JohnCenaFan28
07-11-2007, 06:47 AM
IMO, ECW is improving slowly but surely and I am proud to say I actually enjoyed tonight's ECW very much,and quite frankly more than RAW... I mean THe Striker/Boogeyman segment was good and using the characters well and helping Viscera out, the Burke vs Mahoney match was good, CM Punk vs Steven Richie(or whatever his name is) was VERY good and Nitro vs Dreamer was just perfect! Down to The Miz vs Nunzio was good... The only thing that messed it up was the Extreme Expose, who need to improve with ECW...Discuss and vote on poll please.

Garden State Saint
07-11-2007, 01:04 PM
ECW was real fun to watch last night. The live crowd was into it and the wrestling was good. Everybody seemed to get time as well. The only negative was that Punk should have either shown up in the last few minutes of the show or have done commentary with Tazz & Styles.

JohnCenaFan28
07-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, you're right, Punk had no effect on the Nitro vs Dreamer match and that weakened the rivalry. IMO if ECW keeps this up, it will get better soon...

Garden State Saint
07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Punk would be awesome on commentary and anybody that has watched ROH or IWA MS awhile back would know so.

tommy
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Did you all watch the same ECW last night as I did?

It BLEW. I mean, a bunch of matches to make everyone look good with absolutely no chance of something predictable happening.

1. Matt Striker segment: Matt Striker can be good at some times, but not yesterday. He is as annoying as he was last year when I saw him at a RAW house show. And, Big Daddy V? Come on, they want him to be a serious competitor with that outfit and that name?

2. Elijah Burke vs. Balls Mahoney: Okay, Burke was good to watch, but Balls ruined the match completely. He's fat, has a horrible gimmick, and can't wrestle. This match was painful. I was more scared that Burke would be suffocated by Balls fat flaps than anyone else by V.

3. CM Punk vs. Stevie Richards: As much as I love CM Punk, this match annoyed me. When Stevie came out, you knew exactly what was going to happen. Back and forth, GTS, Punk wins. Stevie has NEVER beaten Punk, even when there was interference against him. This match only happens whenever they don't know what to do with Punk. Also, what's the point of all the submission moves and talking about the Anaconda Vice if he will still continue to do the GTS and never the Vice?

4. The Miz vs Nunzio: No surprise who won here. Nunzio sucked, the Miz looked halfway decent. Nothing special.

5. Extreme Expose: I've never seen three more uncordinated people dancing together.

6. Johnny Nitro vs. Tommy Dreamer: Alright, I like Nitro, but he needs a gimmick fix. New song, no more fur coat, etc. Having him beat Dreamer in a Extreme Rules match wasn't my favorite thing to see, as Dreamer is just getting buried more and more. They could have had Dreamer beat him here and then have a Punk vs Dreamer match next week to see if Dreamer could get the title shot againt Nitro instead of Punk. Also, Nitro winning by Tommy hitting his face against a chair? Thats it?

ECW has been getting better, but last night was a huge dissapointment.

Flair Country
07-11-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm starting to like the Nitro vs. Punk fued that I'm seeing. I know they took a hit with the Benoit incident, but I think it's improving slowly. If CM Punk gets injured or gets "traded" to another show, ECW will tank.

Garden State Saint
07-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Last night's show wasn't ground breaking but the wrestling was solid for the most part and thats what we gripe about the most. I think it's pretty evident that ECW won't enter the year 2008 but it is giving time to wrestles that would otherwise be overshadowed on RAW or Smackdown.

legolas4792
07-12-2007, 12:43 AM
tommy ur such a negative person about everything......

i like the new ECW and last night was pretty good so ill say yeah it is improving

Kage
07-12-2007, 01:00 AM
I disliked a few things about last night's ECW.
1. The Miz push. I hate that guy.
2. Vis wasnt wearing a shirt. I almost puked:shock:
3. Extreme Expose. I liked it sooo much better when it was just Kelly.

JohnCenaFan28
07-12-2007, 01:27 AM
OK, Viscera without a shirt scared me too, but the segment was still good. The Miz actually showed some talent in the ring and I hated him and was hoping Nunzio would have won but then I saw what Miz was doing and was intrigued by Miz's 'imporvement' on his former crappy skills and the Extreme Expose was crap as people told it is usually... The wrestling was good from everyone except Balls Mahoney, so IMO ECW is getting better slowly...

banky814
07-14-2007, 11:44 PM
I really dont like WWECW...I actually wouldnt have a problem with it if they changed the name of it. Calling it ECW is a freakin insult! I watch a little bit of it now cause I am a big fan of Johnny Nitro, but really I cant bring myslef to watch it too often. I just hate that they call it ECW.