PDA

View Full Version : [Breaking News] Chris Benoit and Family Toxicology Reports Released

Black Widow
07-17-2007, 08:03 PM
From AssociatedPress.com:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Tuesday that steroids and other drugs were found in the body of pro wrestler Chris Benoit, and prescription drugs were also found in the bodies of his wife and son.

Also found in Benoit were the drugs Xanax and hydrocodone, according to a statement from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The GBI said Benoit was negative for blood alcohol.

The statement said Nancy Benoit had Xanax, hydrocodone and hydromporphone in her body.

The son, Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system, the statement said. The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the son because of lack of adequate amount of urine.

Xanax is an anti-anxiety drug. Hydrocodone is a painkiller.

The statement was released just before an afternoon news conference.

The test results were expected to shed more light on Benoit's last moments. Authorities said Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son in their metro Atlanta home last month, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine.

Anabolic steroids were found in the Benoits' gated home, leading officials to wonder if the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage."

Toxicology tests were conducted on Benoit's body to determine if steroids or other drugs were present. Blood-alcohol tests also were conducted on his body, and chemical tests were conducted on the bodies of the wife and son.

Federal authorities have charged Benoit's personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators office has also been raided Astin's office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other medical documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

Chris Benoit was positive for Xanex at 50 micrograms per liter. Hydrocodone 45 micrograms per liter. Theraputic range and not toxic. Chris Benoit's urine tested positive for the steroid testosterone at 207 micrograms per liter. The elevated level in the urine. No other steroids found in his urine. GHB was not found in any 3 of the individuals.

Nancy Benoit had 3 different drugs in her system. Hydrocodone (Mortab, Morset at 120 micrograms per liter. Hydromorphone directly from the brakedown. Xanex at 23 micrograms per liter. All 3 drugs are at a theraputic level - not toxic levels. The body was decomposing at the time of the toxicology report and that could have affected the drug levels. Blood 0.184. Not possible to say if any or all of the

Daniel's blood tested positive for Xanex at 100 micrograms per liter. Elevated. Not a drug that would be given to a child. Based upon this finding, it is their opinion that Daniel was sedated by Xanex at the time of his death.

legendschampionshipwrestling.com

JohnCenaFan28
07-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Hmm...

Garden State Saint
07-17-2007, 08:20 PM
^Well said.

Maybe the Larry King Live segment should have been held off until these results came out. Now its like Hart, Cena and Jericho should go back on.

yankeesman77
07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Not that I am condoning any of these senseless acts but it just goes to show you what asses People like Geraldo Rivera, Bill O'Riley and Nancy Grace make themselves out to be yet again. Pointing their fingers in the opposite directions blowing this report way out of proportion when the real story should of been about Daniel and Nancey Benoit. Not one issue was about them other than the explanation of the "Roid Rage". I just wish that these so called anchors would eat their shit infront of the world wide audience and basically say their sorry. Knowing Fox News they probably wont even report on it at all after finding out the Real Truth. May God have mercy on those pathetic souls because he knows that I won't.

Just KC
07-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Lol reporters now look like fucking douches putting out story's with no facts. Just like WWE Superstars said other medications could have been a factor not steroids. Lol lets see how the media twists this story now. The only ''steroid'' in his body was elevated testosterone and he was being treated for testosterone deficancy. Lol no steroids...dumb ass media. and yes yankee is right about the whole Daniel/Nancy thing

DWTC
07-18-2007, 03:05 AM
So the whole family was barred out? That's pretty fucked up. I've taken Xanax and Hydrocodone before and mixing the two would leave in a state of "what the fuck is going on here".

Xanax, when taken in large quantities, can cause memory loss. The possibility of him doing this is and not knowing what's going on is fully feasible. Hell, the guy was so fucked up he probably didn't remember what happened Friday and Saturday, but when he woke up Sunday, saw what had he did and killed himself.

I can see this happening. I'm not trying to make it out like he's innocent, just saying that I have friends who take 3, sometimes 5 a day and they don't remember shit from the day before. Fucked up to the fullest!