PDA

View Full Version : John Morrison?

JohnCenaFan28
07-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Who likes this gimmick? I liked the Johnny Nitro gimmick much more and the only real downfall to John Morrison is the name and music. The name makes him sound older and the music isn't as cool as it used to be... Discuss the topic please.

tommy
07-18-2007, 05:05 AM
I hated the old music, and just last week I said "he needs a new song." Well, he got a new song, but it still SUCKS. And, come one, John Morrison? This whole "rocker" thing isn't really the best. Yes, we get it, like Jim Morrison, but come on, stealing his name is just lame.

He's always going to be Nitro to me. He's not a bad wrestler, and he has the charisma, but he's yet to win me over completely.

Dozer
07-18-2007, 06:22 AM
I am unsure. I think this is Johnny coming out and being a star so to speak. If you remember He switched to Nitro to be in the good graces of Bischoff. So this is sorta the "Fuck Bischoff, I am the star now" kinda deal. Well thats my observation any way. Plus Nitro was also the MNM/M&N(Mercury Nitro Melina/Melina & Nitro) team. So again this Johnny making his mark. As Bradshaw becoming JBL. He had to break away from that gimmick and become his own. Like when HBK left HH had to step it up.(and boy did he ever) I am a huge fan,This guy is the most improved wrestler I have seen in a long time. Johnny was not much before Tough Enough, Mercury was a long time indy wrestler and was in TNA and ROH before WWE, but he platued skill wise. Then you have Lashley and Lesnar who are fantastic in the ring, but these guys are pure athletes.( I freestyle wrestled, Grecco Roman Wrestled and high school wrestled for years and they have to be athletes) so that background came as an edge, but Johnny improves after everymatch. Granted I still think it is a damn disgrace to have him on ECW, musch less the champ. But either way he has a bright future health willing.

banky814
07-18-2007, 07:23 AM
I have to agree with u on this subject Ryan. Although I DID like the name Johnny Nitro a lot more, and as far as the two different gimmicks go I cant say which one I like more since we havent seen much of this new one. Either way, Johnny Nitro or John Morrison, he still kicks ass and has me as a fan!

yankeesman77
07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Lets see how well Jim Morrison 2.0 can do with this new gimmick. I'm not shutting him down yet so lets wait and see how this pans out.

JohnCenaFan28
07-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I have to see more to know, but regardless I'll still be a fan of his...

misfit007
07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
give it more time.might work.

legolas4792
07-18-2007, 11:02 PM
he was fine before idk what the gimmick change or name change whatever is about and john morrison isnt his real name as he stated its john hennigan

JohnCenaFan28
07-18-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't know why he picked Morrison... I hope he gets a better song soon...

tommy
07-19-2007, 02:41 AM
I don't know why he picked Morrison... I hope he gets a better song soon...

He picked Morrison because his new gimmick is more of a rock star than the previous A-lister gimmick, and Jim Morrison was a huge rock legend.

Ill Will
07-19-2007, 03:16 AM
With what I've seen so far, (which isn't much), I wasn't too impressed. It's not really a new gimmick as far as I can tell, he just changed his image and name. I thought the clothes he was wearing made him look kind of like a James Bond villain, and the hair makes him look like a girl. I just think this wasn't the best time for a new gimmick, or a change of image. He's a newly crowned champ, and he's right in the middle of a promising feud with CM Punk. I just think they should have waited a little longer for this. In all probability, this change in gimmick was planned for a few months, but him having the ECW title and feuding with Punk wasn't.

XXKSXX
07-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I can't answer your poll cause I don't love it I like it.

dezorr
07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
when he first came out i thought he was going to be something like dirk diggler off of boogie night

JohnCenaFan28
07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
The gimmick is quite the same as Nitro's own. The only things changed(from what I can see) is the name, music and hair. He still wrestles in the same pants, comes to the ring in the same thing etc... I like it but preferred Nitro WAY more...

Con
07-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure what I think, but it isn't horrible or anything, he could improve the image a little more though.