PDA

View Full Version : CW President denies Benoit was ever on SmackDown lol

LionDen
07-23-2007, 02:59 PM
In a recent Mediapost.com article about the CW Network's fall season, President Dawn Ostroff commented that the Chris Benoit tragedy wouldn't have any bearing on the ratings for Smackdown. The complete quote was, ""He didn't appear on the "Smackdown." Talk about someone who either doesn't pay attention to the programming on her network or just blatantly lied. I'm not sure which is worse. Not only Benoit was a regular on the Smackdown brand for the entire CW Network run, he was only moved to ECW several weeks before the tragedy. You can check out the article for yourself at this link (http://publications.mediapost.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=64366).

Ostroff was also interviewed by Variety today about the CW and when asked about WWE, said they've been "good partners" for the network, commenting, "They've been responsible with the programming they give to us."

PWInsider.com

Camoflague
07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Lmfao. Never on the "Smackdown". I wonder who believed her o.0

legolas4792
07-23-2007, 07:33 PM
the smackdown? wow what an idiot doesnt even know what programming is on the network

JohnCenaFan28
07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
I believed her!:shifty: LMAO

bad_meetz_evil
07-23-2007, 11:18 PM
If he edits every tape in the world, he can get away with it. ha. Chris Benoit was in SmackDown for years, winning the US title on how many occasions?

LionDen
07-24-2007, 05:20 AM
I found this to be just ridiculous and shows that alot of Presidents of companies are just stupid. Whether she knew or not and tried to just hide it but that is probably even more idiotic.

Silik
07-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, at least she had the show name right.... would have been funny if she said "Raw".

tommy
07-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Obviously not a wrestling fan...