PDA

View Full Version : Cena has won the main event at the last 10 PPVs in some unbelievable matches!

LionDen
07-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Current WWE Champion John Cena, has been on an undefeated streak and has also been featured in the main-event all of the last 10 WWE PPV's. Thought I would throw these up and get your opinions on this. Some unbelievable matches there, just seems wrong he has won so many hard matches in a row IMO.

Below is a listing of events and matches:

Armageddon 2006: John Cena & Batista def. King Booker & Finlay
New Years Revolution 2007: John Cena defeated Umaga
Royal Rumble 07: (Excluding the Rumble match, he's in the main event) John Cena defeated Umaga
No Way Out 2007: John Cena & Shawn Michaels defeated The Undertaker & Batista
Wrestlemania 23: John Cena defeated Shawn Michaels
Backlash 2007: John Cena defeated Edge, Shawn Michaels, & Randy Orton
Judgment Day 2007: John Cena defeated The Great Khali
One Night Stand 2007: John Cena defeated The Great Khali
Vengeance 2007: John Cena defeated Mick Foley, Randy Orton, King Booker, & Lashley
Great American Bash 2007: John Cena defeated Bobby Lashley

Also: All of these matches were for the WWE Title except for Armageddon & No Way Out

Big Evil
07-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Well this just goes to show how much of a backing the McMahons, especially Vince, have with John Cena. It all goes to how much merchandise can be sold off his name, his image, and the repeated wins he obtains in big-match situations. Marketability is one of the most important thing McMahon cares about, so when he sees a guy like Cena that the fans adore (women and children anyway), his is going to take him and make him win all the time. People may call Cena 'Superman', but the plain and simple truth is that John Cena has NOTHING to do with it, except doing what he is told. Eventually though, either a veteran like Triple H will come back and defeat Cena for good, or a newer, younger star will get Vince's attention and Cena will get the boot. I'm a huge Cena fan so I hope that don't happen, but I know in this industry everyone has to lose the big one at some point.

XXKSXX
07-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Should be calling Cena king and not booker. The WWE has definitely put Cena over. Over the top that is.

Black Widow
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
lol favoritism in the WWE

cena and candice vs. umaga, cade and murdoch tonight on raw

cena will win that :dearme:

Ill Will
07-23-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't think Cena would be as boring if he had turned heel by now. It's just been too much of the same for too long.

Garden State Saint
07-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Vince is keeping Cena as champ as a big FU (no pun intended) to dumb fans that think they can alter WWE plans.

Adam Copeland2
07-24-2007, 06:26 AM
This Wrestlemania, they should have Cena vs Hogan as the main-event for the WWE championship. These two undefeatables would make the main-event go into never-ending overtime.

Bad Boy
07-24-2007, 12:22 PM
^ are u kiddin, there is absolutely no chance Hogan would come back to wrestling, and as somebody has said earlier, usually big title changes come at the major PPV's like SummerSlam, and seeing Cena facing Orton, it might be good for a title change... as HHH was earlier pushing Orton for a WWE Title run, so this perfectly fits in...

Adam Copeland2
07-25-2007, 06:14 AM
^^^Duuhhhh!!! I am kidding, but, when you think about it, it's kinda interesting to see which superstar has to cow down to the other's ego...both of them seem immortal n the ring.

JohnCenaFan28
07-26-2007, 08:47 PM
That's sad really... I mean, why did he have to main event all of them for? And at WM, isn't the Royal Rumble winner supposed to challenge the person at the main event? Anyway, I can't wait for Summerslam where Cena will hopefully lose the belt...