PDA

View Full Version : Jeff as WWE Champ?

hbkizbest
07-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Why isn't Jeff Hardy pushed to the main event level. He is probably one of the most entertaining wrestlers on RAW and extremely athletic. He usually gets the biggest pop of the night and everybody likes him better than Cena?

Camoflague
07-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, Jeff can be at top level. I remember him vs Undertaker in a ladder match on RAW for the undisputed title match. That was one of the best matches I have ever seen. If Jeff gets a shot at being WWE champ, even if hes supposed to lose, he'll make it the best match possible. Jeff has done so much for the WWE, he should get a shot, but probably won't get pushed like he was in TNA.

Kennedyish
07-30-2007, 02:28 AM
WWE will never give Jeff the title. He is way to unreliable.

Jodes
07-30-2007, 03:04 AM
IMO he is just not ready or good enough to be the WWE Champ :shifty: dont get me wrong i really think he is a good wrestler and all. but as far as being champ i just dont see it.

Ill Will
07-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Looking at Jeff from a statistical stand point, he's definitely in line for a main event push. Cena is STILL the top draw, but Jeff is the most consistently over wrestler in WWE. He's also been in WWE long enough to be called a veteran.

Where the conflict comes in (at least as far as the IWC is concerned) is Jeff's performance in the ring. Some people say he's not a very good wrestler, and that all he has going for him is spots. While I disagree with this, lets for a second say that it was the consensus that Jeff had very little technical wrestling ability and has to make up for this with spots. Personally, I would still rather have a champion with little skill and spots than a champion with just little skill (I'm looking in Khali's direction). Reality is that Jeff's matches are always exciting. He's been known to steal the show almost every time he steps into the ring. Call it a spotfest if you want; I call it entertainment, and Jeff Hardy entertains me more than the majority of WWE's roster.

To me, this means that Jeff Hardy fulfills every requirement that a champion needs to. He's over (biggest pops every week), he's got a marketable image (if you've noticed, he's toned it down a little bit recently), he's got credibility (combination of the above mentioned traits, plus the fact that he's been in the pro wrestling biz for so long), and he knows how to keep a live crowd entertained (personally, my eyes are glued to the tube every time he's on it, but even if you think he's not a very good wrestler, there's no denying that he knows how to keep things exciting--this is witnessed by how responsive the live crowd always is during his matches). These reasons are why I say Jeff Hardy would make a good main-event-level champion. I think he deserves a shot.

JohnCenaFan28
07-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Jeff needs to get more wins under his belt and also more promo time to make fans know how he talks and stuff and if the result is good then I suppose Jeff should be there. I like him too and he's been in IC division for too long and should be given the WWE title at least once but I dunno. He just doesn't seem WWE champ material for some reason I can't tell...

Camoflague
07-30-2007, 05:19 AM
Yeah, Jeff should talk more. Matt always talks when they were the Hardyz.

Flair Country
07-30-2007, 05:47 AM
In my HFO, Matt Hardy deserves to be pushed to a Heavyweight Title lightyears before Jeff does. I would have liked to see him win the Rumble on Smackdown instead of Khali, that way he and Edge could fued for the belt when he comes back. But once again WWE decides to give the belt to the big guy instead of a wrestler with actual talent.

modest91
07-30-2007, 06:01 AM
I think he deserves A Shot. Lets face it, He gets the biggest pops, Gets the most fan support during matches, Is very popular around the world, And puts on entertaining matches, But he probably won't have the belt for another couple years*At the rate Cena is going*. The only thing hurting him is Mic skills and his past with No-shows. Other than that, He would be right up there.

Will
07-31-2007, 12:20 AM
But once again WWE decides to give the belt to the big guy instead of a wrestler with actual talent.

I cant believe it took that long for someone to post the real reason. Jeff is billed at 225 and looks like he is really around 200 at best.You can be a poor wrestler, which alot of people claim hardy is, and you can be poor on the mic, which alot of people claim hardy is, and still be a world champion but unless you are ripping off someone's death, ie Rey Misterio, than you are not going to get the title when you are hardy's size.

ray ray
08-31-2007, 10:55 PM
as long as he is on raw no push he's need to go the Ecw were he and john morrison can restart that there feud

Adam Copeland2
09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
For some unknown reason, i just dont feel Jeff is championship material. With all due respect to the hard work he puts in, he is more popular as the unorthodox underdog punk..it would take a MAJOR storyline & some maturing for him to get to that level of carrying the brand. For him to have a title shot, I wudnt mind, but, actually, giving him the belt, that IMO will be a mistake....

On the other hand, I think Matt Hardy is the one who has graduated to that level now...even at the time of WM 23, i thought Matt sucked, and was just a filler in singles competition...and, boy, look where he is now....i wudnt mind if Matt even wins the WHC now from the Great Khali...ok, that's an exaggeration...but, he does deserve the push, and, if the champ were sum1 else other than the Great Khali, Matt would have been my favourite to win the championship...

ClayMation
09-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I agree with the Adam Copeland2 and the others...there is just something about him...I can't see the Title on him. As good as he is (I think he does a good job) the idea of Hardy being the champ just wont happen...unless he shows he has the mic skills to back up his in-ring ability. Besides that? eh...it's a longshot.