PDA

View Full Version : Report: Chris Benoit's Brain Was Severely Damaged

AFC1986
09-05-2007, 04:56 PM
ABC News is confirming that tests conducted by Julian Bailes of the Sports Legacy Institute show that Chris Benoit’s brain was severely damaged at the time he murdered his wife and son before taking his own life. According to the tests his brain resembled that of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient. Bailes said that the damage was the result of lifetime chronic concussions and head trauma.

Chris Benoit was famous for his flying headbutt, which is a lot of stress on the brain each time the maneuver is pulled off. While nothing can justify his actions, this at least helps the coping process.

Chris Benoit Article (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3560015&page=1)

Source ABCNews.com

although this does shed some light on what was going on inside benoit's mind, it doesn't change the fact that he murdered his wife and son. i do think that the wwe are partly responsible as they must have known what condition he was in, yet they stood back and do nothing

JohnCenaFan28
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Well, it gives him a somewhat reason as to why he killed them but it didn't give him a right to. WWE should have checked on his brain more frequently as he has been doing that headbutt thing quite a lot his whole life. WWE should do better exams on their superstars to make sure things are totally alright.

Slayer_X
09-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Reason? Get bent eel

WIGirlsKissing
09-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Face it WWE doesnt care aboiut its superstars, they only care about money. "85-year-old Alzheimer's patient" lol that would explains his actions, Alzheimers is a very sserious condition, half the time you dont know what you are doing and when you do know, you have no consionce (sP?) telling you not to do it. I know several people, with that condition and they have no self control, when they get angry, they get angry. So i cant really blame Chris, had this been 10 years ago he wouldnt have done that, becuase his brain was more stable. Sometimes someones mental condition can take over their heart.