PDA

View Full Version : Wwe "deaths"

Kage
09-22-2007, 02:21 PM
So I guess what I saw on Smackdown was the end of Teddy Long being Smackdown GM. Not that I'm upset with SD gettting a new GM, but did they really need to kill him off? I thought SD was the wrestling show, not the violent soap-opera show. Even if he didn't "die" It got me thinking,why does Wwe fake deaths? For a good storyline? You all saw how well the last storyline involving a death went. Theres no good reason for Wwe to fake deaths. When Vince "died" people were sending flowers and holding up R.I.P Vince signs because they really belived he was dead. So IMO Wwe should cut this fake death crap and put on a good wrestling show.

Discuss.

heartbreakkid
09-22-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't think they have killed Teddy off. It may be another "Pretend" death. So, Vicky may become the GM and, Teddy may come back and say he faked his death becuase he knew Kristal was a goldigger. Thus, turning Kristal heel. I think this will happen becuase there was a promo where Teddy said he has not slept with Kristal and that tonight he will make her hola, hola, hola.

JohnCenaFan28
09-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Well they shouldn't 'play' die because that's just wrong, it actually causes people to be concerned and then if a real death occurs and WWE broadcasts it, they may not believe it after the number of 'fake' deaths that occurred already in WWE.

Will
09-22-2007, 10:13 PM
The wwe is simply a form of entertainment, like any other movie or tv show. And just like any other fake television show, they have the right to kill off any characters that they feel like. No one complains when someone dies on the young and the restless, so whats different between that and the WWE?

XXKSXX
09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Will is 100 % right people are killed off on CSI Miami all the time. The bad guy always pretty much dies on any cop show. People are fake dieing on TV right now as I type this.

tazlover99
09-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Yes, i know it's a soap opera sometimes....but fans love it, i think it's stupid. Too many kids watching wrestling these days, might give them problems. Something i think that should not be done, just like the car explosion of Vince.

XXKSXX
09-26-2007, 02:28 AM
^Kids have always watched wrestling whats the difference from 10 years ago or 15 years ago. If parents don't want their kids watching it thats their choice not yours.

willpro256
09-26-2007, 07:51 PM
why fake his death/ heatattack @ wedding should have faked it on honeymoon to make it seem as though she had GOOD KILLER PUSSY !!!lol

XXKSXX
09-27-2007, 06:21 PM
^ I would have to say thats a way better storyline.

Ill Will
09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
If anyone had cared to check WWE.com over the last few days, you would see that it is being "reported" that Long is in an Atlanta hospital and is "comatose". He's not dead (kayfabe-wise).

Personally, I think WWE's ways of creating kayfabe injuries and deaths is just stupid. There is a big difference between RAW & SD, and a crime/drama show like CSI (which I think is a pretty bad example considering the show is based on dead people and murder scenes). The difference is that RAW and Smackdown happen in front a live crowd. There were probably a lot of people in Atlanta last Tuesday who thought there might have been something wrong with Long, just as there were a few gullible people a couple months ago who thought Vince had actually been blown up. I know WWE can't be held responsible for the stupidity of its fans, but IMO, the focus should be on wrestling, or at least gimmicks pertaining to wrestling, not these bogus storylines.

Will
09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
If anyone had cared to check WWE.com over the last few days, you would see that it is being "reported" that Long is in an Atlanta hospital and is "comatose". He's not dead (kayfabe-wise).

Personally, I think WWE's ways of creating kayfabe injuries and deaths is just stupid. There is a big difference between RAW & SD, and a crime/drama show like CSI (which I think is a pretty bad example considering the show is based on dead people and murder scenes). The difference is that RAW and Smackdown happen in front a live crowd. There were probably a lot of people in Atlanta last Tuesday who thought there might have been something wrong with Long, just as there were a few gullible people a couple months ago who thought Vince had actually been blown up. I know WWE can't be held responsible for the stupidity of its fans, but IMO, the focus should be on wrestling, or at least gimmicks pertaining to wrestling, not these bogus storylines.

I dont go to the land of Marksville, so i do not know what they are saying nor can I even 100% guarantee that wwe.com is actually the web address. The rest of your point makes absolutely no sense. Most television shows are taped in front of a live studio audience, far smaller obviously but still a live audience of fans of the show. Its not like wwe is the only show in the world that has an audience. WWE is nothing like CSI and to use that as a counter point to why they should use death storylines and WWE shouldnt is silly. Its exactly the same as a soap opera, which is also taped in front of a live audience and uses death storylines. The only difference is that fans of soap operas are smart enough to know that everything they see is fake. Vince Mcmahon has said it for the last two decades and its as true today as it was when Vinny first had his visions for the business and bought the company from his father, this is entertainment not wrestling. If you want wrestling, go watch the olympics.

XXKSXX
09-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Also if people couldn't figure out that what happen to Teddy was fake they need help. No matter where u were watching that from it looked fake plus it's the WWE they always doing stuff like this.

Ill Will
10-01-2007, 12:37 AM
I dont go to the land of Marksville, so i do not know what they are saying nor can I even 100% guarantee that wwe.com is actually the web address.I'm not exactly sure where this condescending statement was supposed to be directed at, because it doesn't make a lot of sense, but nevertheless, the report did actually come from WWE.com

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/5519678/longupdate

And as contrived as it looks, there still are people out there who believe it.

Most television shows are taped in front of a live studio audienceReally? Sporting events, sitcoms, and talk shows are, but crime dramas aren't. CSI (the example used in this thread that I was commenting on) definitely isn't.

Its not like wwe is the only show in the world that has an audience.I have no clue what that has to do with this thread, unless that's what you thought I was implying. If so, that's pretty sad.

WWE is nothing like CSI and to use that as a counter point to why they should use death storylines and WWE shouldnt is silly.Just by transitive property, wouldn't that mean it's just as silly to suggest that it's OK for WWE to do it if CSI does it? I know WWE programming is nothing like CSI. That why I previously said that CSI was a bad example. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make here, or if you were just trying to find a way to make what I posted seem stupid.

Its exactly the same as a soap opera, which is also taped in front of a live audience and uses death storylines.1. Most American daytime dramas (soap operas) are live, not taped.

2. Most American daytime dramas have no studio audience.

3. Are you seriously saying that soap operas and pro wrestling are "exactly the same"? It's not even worth my time to argue that point.

The only difference is that fans of soap operas are smart enough to know that everything they see is fake.
I know WWE can't be held responsible for the stupidity of its fansLet me know when you find a difference between what I said and what you said...

Vince Mcmahon has said it for the last two decades and its as true today as it was when Vinny first had his visions for the business and bought the company from his father, this is entertainment not wrestling. If you want wrestling, go watch the olympics.You did a great job here of trying to swerve the topic and trying to make it look as if I was ranting on WWE. This a wrestling discussion board, where I would assume would be a good place to give my opinions and discuss various topics related to pro wrestling. That's exactly what I'm doing. Over the "last two decades", Vince's promotion has changed drastically, but it is still considered to be a pro wrestling company, not a production studio. If you want to call it something else, feel free, but I'd like to stay in reality if you don't mind. Calling it entertainment doesn't really do anything. Almost everything on TV is meant as entertainment. Every sporting event, movie, sitcom, cartoon, etc, is supposed to be entertaining the people watching it.

Your "go watch the oplympics" quip shows that you wholly missed my sentiment in this thread. I'm not asking WWE to start featuring mat-style wrestling, or even to become ROH, I'm saying that I'm alright with some of the over the top gimmicks and characters, the horrible acting in backstage skits, and even some of the storylines I find entertaining to follow, but as a whole, I think they could do without the fake car bombs and "career-ending" kicks to the head. What I'm saying is that my preference is for the stuff that is a little more believable, but the things WWE keeps doing continue to be more and more contrived. It's fine if you want to disagree with me, but there's no need to make it look like my opinion is not valid, or that I should not be discussing wrestling on a wrestling discussion board.

ClayMation
10-07-2007, 03:49 AM
uh oh...I smell a conflict between the Wills....