PDA

View Full Version : Wwe No Mercy 2007 By The Numbers

Black Widow
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
How this works:
Each Match will be rated in four different categories. Each category will be worth a total of 1 point with the exception of the “Special” category which will be worth 2. Each match will be worth five point’s total. If at the end of the card it doesn’t add up between 25 and 30 points, then it isn’t worth it for you to order the PPV. At the bottom of this article you can read what each category means if you’d like.

Note to recurring readers: Some of you may have noticed that I’ve dropped the numbers down and instead of a monetary value they are now points. The reason is that this is no longer 1994 where they have 12 matches on a card. We are lucky if we get eight. Being that 8x5 is 40, it just wasn’t a fair way to judge. So, I have decided that if the PPV is between 25 and 30 points then the PPV just may be worth it… And now, WWE No Mercy 2007…

The Open WWE Championship

Wrestling: 1.00
Charisma: .75
Angle Depth: 1.00
Special: 2.00
Comments: This match had all the makings of being fantastic and now it doesn’t have that guarantee, however it could be the greatest thing since Flair/Steamboat for all we know. I can’t imagine WWE creative not finally putting the belt on Orton since I think HHH is ready to be involved in the World Title Hunt. Make no mistake about it, Orton has the goods to make this a great match and a great champion, the question is, whether or not creative will allow him too. The opponent is the real question here. We are guaranteed a new WWE Champion, something that many of you have been wanting for a very long time now. It is sad that Cena had to go out on a stretcher instead of a planned vacation. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kane, Mark Henry, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Edge, Jericho, Triple H or The Undertaker looking at Randy when the bell sounds. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we get a tournament or battle royal either.

Total: 4.75

Batista vs. The Great Khali (World Heavyweight Championship match, Punjabi Prison)

Wrestling: .25
Charisma: .50
Angle Depth: .25
Special: .50
Comments: This was a train wreck at Unforgiven even with Mysterio in there. This is going to be even worse. I guess it will be cool for those who attend to see the structure of the Punjabi prison. The angle is old, thus the reason for the low points in the depth department. Two weeks ago I wouldn’t have even speculated on if Big Dave was going to lose the strap or not, but rumor has it Batista may be taking some time off, if that is the case, I could see the gold back on Khali’s waist and within a month, back onto the Undertaker or Edge.

Total: 1.50

Rey Mysterio vs. Finlay

Charisma: 1.00
Angle Depth: .50
Special: 1.50
Comments: This match will more than likely steal the show. They are two well gifted, veteran athletes making the best out of a weak roster and weaker angle. Don’t be surprised if JBL gets involved in this one and costs Rey the win.

Total: 4.00

HHH vs. The Returning Umaga

Wrestling: .75
Angle Depth: .75
Comments: This is not going to be a technical floor show, nor a high spot fest. This one is going to be in the trenches, inside the blood, sweat and tears of the ring. It is going to be fist against fist and possibly chair vs. Sledgehammer when all is said and done. A “sloberknocker” one might say. HHH will win but Umaga will look strong.

Total: 4.50

Candice Michelle vs. Beth Phenoix (Women’s Title)

Angle Depth: .75
Special: 1.00
Comments: These two have had one of the best female feuds in the last two years. It has been a really nice slow build and we are in the middle of the feud, not the beginning or the end. Look for Phoenix to take the title at No Mercy and then lose it at Survivor Series back to Candice Michelle or to Mickey James. Maybe Lillian will rock Beth with her microphone to get back at Beth for the issues at Raw!

Total: 3.75

CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V (ECW Title)

Comments: Though V got in this title scene in a bad way, this was a fantastic angle on the sci-fi ECW show. I loved the tournament idea to see who was number one contender. I expected Dreamer to be given his walking papers in a swerve, but I thought it would be to get Morrison back on PPV and with the title. I think after all the hard years Mable/Viscera/Big Vis/The Love Machine/Big Daddy V has given to the WWE, he deserves this spot. CM Punk will retain. I know you are wondering why this match gets 5.00. It is because both are sound wrestlers and they use what they have. Punk has technique and quickness. V has agility and girth. It is going to be a solid match and could steal the show if the fans allow it too. The angle, while a swerve was well done and both have a ton of charisma and character development. (Note: This is the first time I’ve given a full five a match I believe, so congratulations Mr. V and Mr. Punk)

Total: 5.00

ENTIRE PPV TOTAL: 23.50

The Verdict:
I am ordering this PPV Sunday and I wasn’t originally going to. I am looking forward to the surprise of the Raw Championship and the whole US222 thing. I think the ECW championship is going to be worth a watch and there really isn’t a bad match on the card…wait, sorry, forgot about Big Dave and Big Khali. Even so, this is one that is worth it. Usually if a PPV comes under 25 points I don’t order it. However, WWE has only announced six matches and I just can’t imagine that we are only going to see six matches. There are some big names that aren’t on the card and that just tells me something is up – Carlito, Kennedy, Henry, Kane, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy. MVP, Matt Hardy. Cade and Murdoch, London and Kendrick, The Highlanders, Deuce and Domino…the list goes on and on. It is going to be really interesting and I truly think history is going to be made; maybe I’m wrong or just hopeful. We’ll see!

Definitions of the Category’s –
Charisma – This is how well the wrestlers involved in the match do outside the ring. Who are they? Are they a defined character? Do we as fans care for them? How are they on the mic?

Angle Depth – This takes into consideration how long an Angle has gone on, and is it stale. Is it something fresh and interesting?

Wrestling – This is purely about the competitors wrestling ability. How good are they? Can they really sell their move set? Will I be wowed by them?

Special – This category really takes into consideration everything else. For instance, is this a gimmick match, and just based on that alone do we as fans want to see it? Are we getting something unusual or spectacular? For instance, if we knew Ric Flair was going to retire at this PPV and it was going to be a submission match against HHH with Harley Race as H’s manager, the special category points would be huge. Bottom line is this category takes into affect a lot of what I say in the comments sections and gives it a numerical value.

- pwinsiderxtra.com

LionDen
10-10-2007, 01:31 AM
lol interesting indeed.

Black Widow
10-10-2007, 02:52 PM
CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V (ECW Title)

Comments: Though V got in this title scene in a bad way, this was a fantastic angle on the sci-fi ECW show. I loved the tournament idea to see who was number one contender. I expected Dreamer to be given his walking papers in a swerve, but I thought it would be to get Morrison back on PPV and with the title. I think after all the hard years Mable/Viscera/Big Vis/The Love Machine/Big Daddy V has given to the WWE, he deserves this spot. CM Punk will retain. I know you are wondering why this match gets 5.00. It is because both are sound wrestlers and they use what they have. Punk has technique and quickness. V has agility and girth. It is going to be a solid match and could steal the show if the fans allow it too. The angle, while a swerve was well done and both have a ton of charisma and character development. (Note: This is the first time I’ve given a full five a match I believe, so congratulations Mr. V and Mr. Punk)

Total: 5.00

lol thats interesting how it got a 5 /5 yet it sucked ass..

i give that a 0.5/5

Optimus Prime
10-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah I'm a little confused by your rating of the CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V. Certainly wasn't a 5.0.

Black Widow
10-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah I'm a little confused by your rating of the CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V. Certainly wasn't a 5.0.

i didnt rated these, these were some where else.. before the ppv started so i took :)