PDA

View Full Version : Raw Superstars Rock Australia

Black Widow
11-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Day 1: Australia Zoo in Beerwah

BEERWAH, Queensland, Australia – Santino Marella toured the Australia Zoo with fellow Raw Superstars Wednesday in Beerwah, enjoying his time with creatures not armed with beer truck hoses.

“It was great to see animals that only exist in this country, compared to the wildlife in Italy,” Marella commented to WWE.com. “The only thing I would have changed was the accents of the guides.”

The Milan Miracle’s always a critic. But other Raw Superstars touring the zoo, founded by the late “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin, enjoyed the opportunity to touch and feed the native wildlife before their Thursday event in Brisbane at the Brisbane Entertainment Center.

The zoo prides itself on offering up-close-and-personal experiences with its residents, and the Superstars took advantage, feeding elephants, petting koala bears and holding snakes.

“Everything is hands-on, unlike zoos in the States, where all the animals are behind glass and fences,” Charlie Haas said. “It was great to be able to interact with the animals.”

Brian Kendrick was a little nervous being so close to the action. “I'm afraid of all animals, so I had to face my fears today,” Kendrick said. “I even wore a snake, even if it was only for a few minutes. I saw a Tasmanian Devil too, but all it did was run around in circles.”

Hardcore Holly got up-close with a zoo resident, getting a kiss from a kangaroo. And Mickie James took time to touch one of the zoo’s larger animals.

“It was the first time I came up close to an elephant. I've always loved them,” James remarked. “Feeding the kangaroos and petting the koalas was also an awesome experience. It was neat being able to get that close to pet all the animals.”

The Raw Survivor Series Tour continues on Friday in Sydney and Saturday in Melbourne.

Day 2: Brisbane Signing and Event

BRISBANE, Queensland, Australia – The World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch visited a local shopping mall before their Thursday night event at Brisbane Entertainment Center. Eight-hundred fans got the chance to receive autographs and take pictures with the champions.

The Superstars move to Sydney Friday night for an event at Acer Arena, then move on to Melbourne Saturday night before flying home to the States for Monday Night Raw in Topeka, Kan.

Day 3: Sydney Signing and Event

SYDNEY, NSW, Australia – Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy and Mickie James met and signed autographs for 700 fans at a Sydney shopping mall Friday.

Afterward, a crowd of 17,000 screaming fans packed the sold-out Acer Arena for the evening's event. The crowd crammed the levels of an arena-side parking garage after the show to catch a final glimpse of the Raw Superstars as they departed for Melbourne.

A bunch of the Superstars led the fans in an extremely vocal rendition of the National cheer, "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!! Oy, Oy, Oy!!”

Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix told WWE.com she was amazed at how loud and inspired the fans still were after the action-packed show.

WWE.com