PDA

View Full Version : Will John Cena every be World Heavyweight Champion?

hbkizbest
11-29-2007, 04:33 AM
I am just wandering if anyone thinks John Cena will ever be World Heavyweight Champion? If so when and for how long?

I am very bored its so i am posting some threads which comes in my mind :boy:

Ill Will
11-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Uh, OF COURSE he will. He's one of the biggest draws WWE has ever had. He's only got a few months left of rehab for his injury. There's no reason he wouldn't be champion again, and a bunch a reasons he would.

/discussion
I am very bored its so i am posting some threads which comes in my mind :boy::no:

Bad Boy
11-29-2007, 07:30 PM
well, he has been WWE Champion, so Im guessin WWE would put him after a diff title when he comes back, and seeing as no minor title would be good on him, he might become World Heavyweight Champion...

xmas-18
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
well hes had the wwe title. so i hope he gets the world title now.

JohnCenaFan28
11-29-2007, 09:36 PM
I hope NOT. The WHC is the only title that actually changes hands more often than a year... If he got his paws on it he'd keep it forever...:no:

Punisher
11-29-2007, 10:03 PM
i hope he gets it id much rather him on smackdown then raw. Mainly because i dont watch smackdown more than twice every three months

~Burning Hitman~
11-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm thinking 2008 and he will have it forever.

JohnCenaFan28
11-29-2007, 11:10 PM
^ Thanks for bringing the sad truth to the table:sad2:

tommy
11-30-2007, 07:18 AM
I don't think so. Cena is the biggest draw the WWE has right now (except for you whiney little babies). I'm fully expecting him to come back to RAW and probably be in the title chase for his WWE championship again soon afterwards.

I for one am glad for that. I'm actually pissed I can't see him wrestle for the title this year live at wrestlemania.

Chain gang for life.

reign-4-life
11-30-2007, 09:12 PM
lmao @ chain gang for life.

:no:

I think at some point he will be but i hope by then the WWE learns how to create championship chases in the 2000s, this isnt back in 1980 or 1970, and it isnt NWA. Titles these days dont stay on their wearers for more than a year and if so at least have them barely win half the time or lose some of their matches during their title reign.

demolition89
12-02-2007, 05:52 AM
The new contract Cena signed prior to injury guaranteed a number of future Championship reigns, so either majoy title could be his.

hbkizbest
12-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I want to see John Cena vs Undertaker feud before Undertaker leave WWE this is my dream feud i love both of them and we will get some great matches to see if this could happen.

Ill Will
12-02-2007, 11:33 AM
I want to see John Cena vs Undertaker feud before Undertaker leave WWE this is my dream feud i love both of them and we will get some great matches to see if this could happen.Um, you do know that feud already happened, right? It was short, but it happened a couple years ago before Cena left SD for RAW. One of Cena's best matches was a face vs. face match against Taker on SD a short while before he was moved to RAW.

gator
12-02-2007, 12:52 PM
undertaker vs cena would be a good feud for the world heavyweight title

Lady DeathStrike
12-05-2007, 01:43 AM
i hope not.

Cos to be honest... at the moment im enjoying NOT having to sit through his 4 moves.

JohnCenaFan28
12-05-2007, 02:42 AM
^ Yeah Tarnya. I'm enjoying NO Cena, NO Lashley and NO Ashley:)

Lady DeathStrike
12-05-2007, 03:39 AM
HEAR HEAR!!

Eel i couldnt agree more

tommy
12-05-2007, 06:53 AM
You both need to get over it. First of all, the insult has never been 4 moves. Second, he shut everyone up with that after he added more moves and went a hour with HBK in what is widely considered the best match of the year.

Also, if either of you like Jericho, you should be on your knees thanking Cena. Jericho has said that what inspired him to come back was Cena-Michaels II, the hour long RAW fight.

Velvet_Revolver963
12-07-2007, 03:52 AM
The only way he will get the world heavyweight title is if the titles some how switch brands since cena will not leave raw.

Lady DeathStrike
12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
You both need to get over it. First of all, the insult has never been 4 moves. Second, he shut everyone up with that after he added more moves and went a hour with HBK in what is widely considered the best match of the year.

Also, if either of you like Jericho, you should be on your knees thanking Cena. Jericho has said that what inspired him to come back was Cena-Michaels II, the hour long RAW fight.

Well that may just be right... BUT i dont buy cena... I just dispise him... everythign he says does and endorses...

tommy
12-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Well that may just be right... BUT i dont buy cena... I just dispise him... everythign he says does and endorses...

You hate a man for going out there and trying to be a positive influence on what he knows are the millions of little kids who idolize him? I'm sorry, I'm not meaning to say your a bad peson or anything...but I just don't get how you can despise someone from watching a tv show. Despise the character of John Cena is one thing, but to despise someone who, even by the haters, is considered one of the most stand-up respectable guys? That's just sad.

Darth Fozzy
12-10-2007, 01:06 AM
I hate him because he has killed the audiences, nowadays the arenas are filled with stupid little kids and googley eyed women who go to see the wrestlers "because they are hot", my apologies to those women who actually watch wrestling for the wrestling, I went to a house show the other month and the kids outnumbered the adults by 10 to 1 in a crowd of 7,000. Last weeks RAW sucked because the crowd didnt get into it because they wanted Cena rather than the great talent in front of their very eyes.

JohnCenaFan28
12-10-2007, 01:50 AM
^ Totally agree. Cena's making the kids and girls who just like hot guys come to wrestling shows and that turns away the real wrestling fans, that's why I have found the crowds to be really dead during matches even during high points and ESPECIALLY for Jericho's return all the new kids and teenage girls/women who love Cena don't have a clue about Jericho and don't even care about his in ring/mic talent...:no:

tommy
12-10-2007, 05:26 AM
So you despise a man because of who his fans are? ?Now you both are just trying to find any reason to hate the guy. He also has a lot of guy fans. Hell, Jericho himself is a Cena fan. Besides, I watch wrestling every week with two girls who mainly just do it for staring at the guys, and not one of them watches for Cena. They won't shut up about Orton and Jericho being good looking. As for kids, they don't just like Cena, they like ANY big good guy with an interesting gimmick. Example: Rey Mysterio.

JohnCenaFan28
12-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Reason why I don't like Rey either, of course I like Rey more than Cena because Rey can wrestle.

sirwill3rd
12-13-2007, 04:11 AM
1st > Cena will win the WWE championship, thats why they kept the spinner, and he won't win the World Title because of that same spinner.

2nd > People hate Cena because he doesn't deserve to be where he's at. Cena can't carry a match to save his life. Cena/Michaels matches are good strictly due to Shawn's ability to carry his opponent through a match.
Cena may be good on the mic, but how long did it take The Rock to win the WWE championship. Years. Thats why he's considered a legend. Same goes for Austin, Hunter, Jericho, Shawn, Dusty, Flair, and Hogan.
The only reason people pay to see Cena, it's because they want to see him lose.

tommy
12-13-2007, 08:12 AM
I've seen Cena carry countless matches. The people who dislike him will just never admit that as the would lose the scapegoat reason for hating him.

As for it taking the Rock so long, times were different. They need star power, and that's why Cena got pushed as fast as he did.

And, you do realize that the Cena-haters are the minority of wrestling fans right? Most people love the man and pay to watch him. Only the (very vocal) minority hate him, people like you.

Eel, as for you not liking Rey either for that same reason, that just speaks wonders about you. Someone has younger fans so you hate them. The lack of sense in that statement is extrodinary.

XXKSXX
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
I think Cena deserves where he's at. Come on the guy works hard and has done pretty much everything the WWE has wanted him to do. It's also true that must young kids like the wrestlers that are the good guys and Cena is pretty much one hundred percent face.

Darth Fozzy
12-15-2007, 06:49 AM
I just watched the promo where Mick Foley asked the Rock how he felt about being the WWE Champion and the Mick cut him off to say that it didn't matter how he felt, the crowd reaction was absolutely amazing, I wish that one single superstar could get a reaction like that nowadays, but that wont happen with the "Cena" kids in the arena, kids need to go home and watch it on TV, not be in the arena and watch in live, I hope that when I go to the Smackdown house show in April that there will be less kids there and more wrestling fans.

JohnCenaFan28
12-15-2007, 07:26 AM
^ I've heard of bad experiences with "Cena-Kid fans" so hopefully you don't get that crowd...

phoenixsplash
12-15-2007, 07:22 PM
god i hope not. one of the worst in ring talents ever. his mi skills arent that great either.

for some reason though, mcmahon and the writers enjoy his character, so im sure he will, but to be honest ide much rather see orton, and his HORRIBLE mic sckills be champ for a while.

tommy
12-16-2007, 07:02 AM
One of the worst in-ring talents ever? Oh come on now, lets at least be logical with these arguments people. Try out "one of the worst in-ring main eventers ever". At least that will be slightly plausible (even though still wrong). Cena has had countless main events at countless pay per views, and, although not all of them were the greatest, he's had MANY very good matches. "One of the worst in-ring talents ever" would have NEVER had a good match (nor would they be able to go an hour in a fight EVER like Cena has done).

As for the hoping there aren't any kids at a wrestling show...do you really consider yourself a better wrestling fan because of your age and because you go online and read about it? Honestly, the kids are better fans than all of us, and they appreciate it far more than us. They don't go run online to bash random superstars, nor do they search for any hint of backstage info to ruin current storylines. They watch the shows every week and just enjoy it. They also have as much of a right to go to a wrestling show as you do, so deal with it. If you want a massive reaction to someone, either wait for the WWE to get some more amazing talent or stop hating superstars for their fan base.

Now, a challenge for you Cena haters: find me a man in the WWE right now with more dedication to the buisness than Cena. What do I mean you ask? Cena carried the entire company on his shoulders with the top belt for the majority of two and a half years, never taking a single break. Then, he gets injured in the starting minute of a match and continues to fight for 15 minutes and then takes an attack from Orton, aggrivating the injury, purely for the fans who were there to see him live and the fans at home, to give closure to what he knew to be a serious injury at the time. THEN instead of taking time off and resting, Cena has started to go on all the publicity tours for the WWE, even with the injury, and he STILL made it to the Tribute to the Troops show.

Find me someone who can beat all that Cena does.

JohnCenaFan28
12-16-2007, 07:15 AM
^ Well, seeing as his injury didn't prevent him from walking I'd have to respond to your question with Triple H. Did he NOT go through with a Walls of Jericho after getting his first quad-tear? Did Triple H not continue the match against Team Rated RKO with his second quad-tear and then go on to Pedigree one of them on to a table? Was Triple H not associated to most of the biggest feuds in WWE history(recent). Not only does Triple H do the shows he also helps with the backstage planning and stuff and I'm sure if he didn't have his LEG hurt he would have gone to Tribute for the Troops the year he missed it, while Cena could easily have done stuff as his injury just stopped one of his arms from moving.

Big Evil
12-16-2007, 07:40 AM
On-Topic:
I doubt Cena will be World Heavyweight Champion anytime soon, due to the fact that the WWE will keep him the #1 on the #1 show RAW in order to keep ratings up. We might see a change, but I would have to say that is he was going to be, it would have happened while he was on Smackdown.

Off-Topic:
There is no doubt that Cena is an extremely dedicated performer who, in most unbiased minds, has carried the entire company on his shoulders, doing everything asked of him and more. He is a man that is full of respect for the business and the guys in it, he understands what needs done, and does it. Not just for the company, but for the fans. He is one of the few that truly gives back to the fans, and shares a bond with most of them that is very rewarding.

He is a man that has a vast variety of moves to employ in a match, and learns new ones all the time. People say he is limited because he does certain moves over and over again, but that's only because those are his signature moves, and ones that the crowd recognize the best. He does his best in every match, and it shows. No matter what happens, he pulls it off at 110 percent. Even when injured, he goes through it all until his job is done. Triple H is one other man that has fought through such a tough injury during a match.

His character is one that is unique in the way that he is for the fans, not for himself. He does what is right, in all the ways that there could be. Some people hate him because he always seems to win, but what better way to have a hero to the fans be shown that than by him beating the villains? Cena may have risen to the top quickly, but that is only because of his ability to get the fans on his side, and to increase his popularity. We all know the WWE puts the popular guys on top, so that's why he is on top. He is great on the mic, able to mix it up with the best and worst and make it entertaining. Whether you like it or not, he is here to stay, and he will stay at the top of his game, a fan favorite.

HHHKingOfKings
12-16-2007, 06:16 PM
The only way i see cena,Becoming world champion is if they decided to do a draft at some point this year and decide to put him back on smackdown,Then he will probably get the title right away.Other than that,I don't think thees any chance of him holding the World Heavyweight Title

tommy
12-17-2007, 12:03 AM
^ Well, seeing as his injury didn't prevent him from walking I'd have to respond to your question with Triple H. Did he NOT go through with a Walls of Jericho after getting his first quad-tear? Did Triple H not continue the match against Team Rated RKO with his second quad-tear and then go on to Pedigree one of them on to a table? Was Triple H not associated to most of the biggest feuds in WWE history(recent). Not only does Triple H do the shows he also helps with the backstage planning and stuff and I'm sure if he didn't have his LEG hurt he would have gone to Tribute for the Troops the year he missed it, while Cena could easily have done stuff as his injury just stopped one of his arms from moving.

Triple H did tough it out. He also refused to go on the show during the entire six months he was gone this last time so that his return would be bigger. Not for Wrestlemania, not for Tribute to the Troops, not for any of the pre-wrestlemania storylines that even the Rock came back for. Cena himself appeared one week later to tell everyone and went to Iraq. As for the buisness side of it, Triple H married into the number one family of wrestling, so he is more than obligated to do everything he does. Cena has no such obligation.

As for Trips getting his leg hurt and going into the walls of Jericho...Cena got his arm hurt and put someone in the STF-U. If you notice, he is literally screaming in pain after the move, but he still did it for the fans. Just like Triple H still did the pedigree on Edge after his tear.

JohnCenaFan28
12-17-2007, 12:48 AM
^ I answered your question then, HHH and Cena both continued the match with their injuries. Yes, Cena may have done more while HHH didn't do as much after the injury, but wasn't it obvious that WWE would want to keep Cena around as they see him as a big draw. Anyway, what I also want to say is that HHH's injury was worse and more disabling than Cena's own. Would a WWE Superstar want to go in front of their fans on crotches and needing help to walk? No way, while Cena was just in a cast still able to walk, so maybe HHH didn't do anything because of some pride thing:dunno:

tommy
12-17-2007, 01:54 AM
^ I answered your question then, HHH and Cena both continued the match with their injuries. Yes, Cena may have done more while HHH didn't do as much after the injury, but wasn't it obvious that WWE would want to keep Cena around as they see him as a big draw. Anyway, what I also want to say is that HHH's injury was worse and more disabling than Cena's own. Would a WWE Superstar want to go in front of their fans on crotches and needing help to walk? No way, while Cena was just in a cast still able to walk, so maybe HHH didn't do anything because of some pride thing:dunno:

True. Point taken. I'll give you that Trips was worse on the image side of things, but in terms of injury itself, I think Cena's is the worse. His recovery time is much longer than Trips (HHH's went up to 6 months I believe, while at the best Cena will be back in 7, worst in 12). Also it his his major striking hand.

On a side note, a friend of mine lives in Tampa and ran into Cena on Thanksgiving buying pies at the Village Inn. My friend told him that we were going to Wrestlemania and asked Cena if he was gonna be there, and Cena said he was training, hoping he could, but he can't promise anything.

JohnCenaFan28
12-17-2007, 02:26 AM
^ I wasn't expecting Cena to be there and if he doesn't get better by Royal Rumble he won't be at WM24 even if he was ready before it.

tommy
12-17-2007, 05:32 AM
^ I wasn't expecting Cena to be there and if he doesn't get better by Royal Rumble he won't be at WM24 even if he was ready before it.

I hope that at the end of the WWE championship match, Cena comes out and makes his return. Not as in a return match, but just come out and cut a promo about being back and getting his title back.

The real question is...who will be involved in the title match at Wrestlemania now? The Triple H vs Batista thing was proved incorrect tonight, as there is no way they can pull it off anymore. It will either be Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton, or possibly someone who fights Orton at No Way Out. Unless there is an injury, there are only two more possible title changes for the top two belts before the WM24...

JohnCenaFan28
12-17-2007, 05:50 AM
^ I CANNOT see Jeff going for it at all, he is just not ready. If they wanted him to go for the title, they should have been pushing him a lot more than they were, unless they push him a lot before Royal Rumble then he loses to Orton but wins the Royal Rumble then he'd be able to face off against Orton, but that still won't be too good... The RAW main event for WM24 may not be too good but I know for sure the SD! one will be:evilgrin:

tommy
12-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Well, they have over a month to build the Jeff vs Orton fued. I think Jeff could pull it off. His promo tonight was pretty good, a lot better than Orton's promo. He has the majority of the crowd behind him. He is very entertaining in the ring...

I am going to be cheering for Jeff to win the title. Although, I think your idea of Jeff losing and entering AND winning the rumble would be amazing. Maybe build up to a ladder match or a TLC match at wrestlemania!!!!

Brandon
12-17-2007, 07:07 AM
^ That actually be quite good. I don't see Jeff losing his match and then entering the rumble at all. Because the Orton Hardy match will possibly probably be the main event.

John Cena could return at No way out and could possibly participate in the rumored EC and win, early push for Cena on his return

tommy
12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
^ That actually be quite good. I don't see Jeff losing his match and then entering the rumble at all. Because the Orton Hardy match will possibly probably be the main event.

John Cena could return at No way out and could possibly participate in the rumored EC and win, early push for Cena on his return

It's been done before, someone who lost a title match joining the rumble. And the Rumble itself is always the main event. Like, last year it went: Bobby Lashley vs Kennedy, Cena vs Umaga Last Man Standing, Booker vs Batista, and then the Rumble.