PDA

View Full Version : 4/5 Tna Results From Lincoln, Ne

Black Widow
04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Stevie J & I are at tonight's TNA House Show in at the Pershing Center in Lincoln, NE! We'll be bringing you live results throughout the evening (as long as the free wi-fi holds out), so keep refreshing this page for updated info!

Curry Man def. Sonjay Dutt with a Torture Rack into a Face Breaker.

Gail Kim def. Jacqueline & ODB in a No. 1 Contenders Match for the Knockouts Title.

Next match is Kip James vs. BG James. BG cuts a promo, telling Kip if he has any balls, he'll face him tonight and not wait until Lockdown. BG def. Kip by avoiding the super kick and rolling him up for the 3 count.

Storm vs. Rhino is up next. After Storm cuts a promo about how much Lincoln sucks, Rhino def. Cowboy James Storm with a Gore.

We're in a 20 minute intermission at 8:45pm...back with more action soon!

OK - intermission is over, and next up is Black Machismo/Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles/Tyson Tomko for the TNA tag titles. This was a great match, with AJ hitting a splash from the top rope on Jay Lethal for the pin.

Main Event: Booker T def. Robert Roode with a scissor kick.

After the match, Booker T and other superstars came out to sign autographs and take polaroid photos (for a $20 fee, of course)

That's all from Lincoln tonight!

STEVIE J'S POST-SHOW THOUGHTS: As usual, TNA puts on another great house show! I was a bit surprised by the decision to team up Machismo & Joe in the semi-main, and to have Booker T and Robert Roode be the main event, but given it's one of the hottest and greatest feuds in TNA I can hardly complain. There seems to be a pattern of TNA only bringing a portion of their main- eventers to house shows. When they were last in Des Moines, they brought Kurt Angle and Christian Cage but not Samoa Joe. This time they brought Samoa Joe and Black Machismo, but not Angle or Christian. Someday I hope to see one really hot house show where they bring EVERYONE. I suppose the closest I'll ever get to that is if they have a PPV somewhere in the Midwest in the near future.

The Pershing Center has held WWE house shows in the past with sizable crowds. It's not a HUGE venue but I'd venture a guess they can hold at least several thousand people, maybe twice as much fully packed. TNA had a very passionate and enthusiastic crowd, but it was nowhere near that many. The area immediately around ringside was filled, with a handful of fans scattered elsewhere throughout the venue. 500-1,000 people would be a fair guess as to tonight's attendance, erring on the low side. As noted by other house show reporters, Jeremy Borash shills for crowd noise and crowd participation CONSTANTLY. It's a bit annoying but since this isn't my first dance with a TNA house show I'm used to it by now. They filmed a segment during the second half with the promise it would air on SpikeTV and during an upcoming episode of TNA Today with a father and his children. The father was so excited he almost said his name was Samoa Joe, jumping ahead of Borash who had been asking each one their name and favorite wrestler!

PWInsider.com