PDA

View Full Version : TNA House Show Report 10.03.08 – Lowell, MA

Black Widow
10-05-2008, 04:50 PM
TNA House Show
October 3rd 2008
Lowell, MA

Yep, I went to a TNA house show last night. It was at the same venue that hosted Lockdown back in April. Attendance at Lockdown was somewhere around 5,000 or more, and I'd make the (generous) estimate that there were 500 people there last night. It was about the same amount of people I'm accostomed to seeing at ROH shows, so it was kinda sad.

Consequences Creed defeated Petey Williams. Okay-ish match, I got the impression they were just going through the motions and probably have had the exact same match at most house shows. Williams was a sore loser and hit the Canadian Destroyer on Creed after the match.

Super Eric and Shark Boy beat The Rock n' Rave Infection. Good comedy match, the kids in the building loved it.

Awesome Kong beat Roxxi. This was very short, with Roxxi getting in just enough offense to lift this from being a flat-out squash.

AJ Styles defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir in a non-title match. This got plenty of time, and was what I would describe as "pretty good." Lots of USA chants, as to be expected.

Intermission - Jeremy Borash announces a "big surprise" for everyone in the building for after the main event.

Abyss beat Kute Kip. Really boring match.

Robert Roode and James Storm beat Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin to retain the TNA tag titles. Match of the night, with lots of comedic antics from Storm. This got a fair amount of time as well.

TNA World Champion Samoa Joe beat Booker T to retain the title. Decent main event, both guys looked good in this one. Booker kept getting on the microphone during the match to complain when things weren't going his way. Joe made Booker tap out to a rear naked choke. I was satisfied.

The "big surprise" turned out to be all the wrestlers coming back to the ring for an autograph signing session. Fans could pay $20 to have their picture taken in the ring with Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. We ended up heading out, as it was complete chaos with the 500 people all surrounding the ring.

So yeah, I had fun, though the show was nothing to brag about. I know it was a house show, but I think it's troubling that the decrease in attendance from April was so huge. I was expecting maybe 2-3 thousand people this time. I hope this doesn't turn TNA off from coming back to Lowell anymore, as I was hoping they would turn it into a regular stomping ground.

TNAWrestlingNews.com

John
10-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the news! looks like a good show.