PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Factions On Horizon

Dark Drakan
01-19-2006, 04:48 PM
Next chapter" in the MMORPG introduces a new campaign and plenty of other fresh features

Guild Wars is expanding. NCSoft has announced Guild Wars: Factions, you see, which the company describes as both a new campaign and the "next chapter" in the MMORPG title.
Due in the second half of the year, Guild Wars: Factions introduces a heap of new content, with the likes of new regions, professions, skills, missions and monsters being packed in and accompanied by "expanded options for both Cooperative and Player-versus-Player (PvP) play, and enhanced features for guilds," says NCSoft.

It might not be out for a few months but there's a teaser materialising imminently. Interested parties will actually get their first opportunity to dip a toe into the Factions pie when ArenaNet opens its servers to everyone for the grand-sounding Guild Wars: Factions Global Free-for-All PvP Weekend. It's a worldwide event which runs from January 20 to January 22 and will be open to existing Guild Wars players as well as new disciples - ArenaNet is distributing free access keys to the event at www.guildwars.com.

Venture into the event and you'll be allowed to fiddle with two new professions being introduced in the campaign, the Assassin and the Ritualist, and you'll additionally be able to test out new profession skills. Plus, you'll get the chance to familiarise yourself with the new PvP continent, Battle Isles, which, states Mr Press Release "will introduce players to new PvP experiences, new and expanded arenas, new quests, and a new explorable area as well."

SOURCE- CVG

Lardy
01-20-2006, 03:15 AM
I really need to get this game again, because in all reality it was probably the best MMO to hit the market. It was free after you bought it. It was easy to play, offered beautiful, lush landscapes, a great storyline, and all around good fluent gameplay. This will offer a lot more to do and its still free! Definately great news.

Dark Drakan
01-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Apparently from what afew mates have said it is still awesome and this makes it even better (i havent played it in a while) i really should get back into it because it is a really great game.