PDA

View Full Version : Tna Results From Norfolk, Virginia

Black Widow
02-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Here are some quick results from last night's TNA house show in Norfolk, VA (February 5):

1) LAX's Homicide beat Sonjay Dutt and Sheik Abdul Bashir in a three-way elimination match for the X Division Title. Dutt was eliminated first early on.

2) Taylor Wilde and Roxxi beat The Beautiful People. Kip James received a slap after the match by Roxxi, I believe.

3) Brutus Magnus beat Eric Young with some form of a Samoan Drop. Magnus looked good enough for being a new guy.

4) Booker T beat Shane Sewell with the scissors kick. Booker was extremely over in Norfolk and almost everyone was behind him. He even pulled out a spinarooni! A highlight of the night.

5) After intermission, LAX's Hernandez beat Cute Kip with the top rope splash.

6) Beer Money beat The Motor City Machineguns. At one point, Earl Hebner and James Storm got into a shoving match, which prompted Earl to remove his ref shirt and wrestle Storm while Sabin served as the referee, complete with ringing the bell to start this new "match." This went on for a minute or so before the original match continued.

7) Main Event: Samoa Joe beat Scott Steiner with the Kokina Clutch. After a ref bump, Mick Foley ran down, gave Steiner a few jabs, and laid him out with the mandible claw complete with sock.

Prior to the start of the main event, I laid into Steiner with my "You're a dump, get my bags!" line taken from The Mike and Bob Show on local station 96x. We exchanged middle fingers and he laid into me, verbally. It was fantastic.

Post-show: Mick Foley instructed that instead of only bringing certain fans backstage, that they, instead, bring the backstage to the fans. Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Hernandez, Roxxi, and Taylor Wilde walked around ringside and gave autographs. Also, for $20, you and a group of friends could get into the TNA ring and get your picture taken with Mick Foley. It was a pretty cool deal. I ran into Samoa Joe and The Beautiful People signing autographs in the parking garage long after the show ended. It's great how outgoing the talent were. Please come back soon, TNA, and bring Styles and Angle with you!

To see my pictures from the show, visit:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Jonathan.McLarty/TNAWrestlingHouseShowFebruary52009

PWI