PDA

View Full Version : 7/11 TNA Results From Hamburg, NY

Black Widow
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Mike Rickard sent this report.
Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling came to the Hamburg, New York Agricultural Center last night for an action-packed show. While there weren't a lot of fans in attendance, TNA did a great job working the crowd and putting on a very entertaining evening.

Things got off to a shaky start when the audio went out but TNA's Jeremy Borash showed up and began interacting with the crowd. He introduced the opening match and by match two, the sound was on and everything was working fine.

1. Eric Young vs. Consequences Creed: Not too much love for Young but both guys put in a good match to open the show. Young gets the duke and Creed sells like Young shot him.
WINNER: Eric Young (by pinfall).

2. Angelina Love vs. Taylor Wilde: Both girls are gorgeous in person. Good match with lots of high-flying moves and brawling. Love looked like she had things wrapped up when Wilde surprised her with a roll-up.
WINNER: Taylor Wilde.

After the match, Jeremy Borash told the fans that TNA was happy to be in Hamburg (a suburb of Buffalo, NY). He promised backstage passes to the loudest fans as well as a big surprise after the main event. The lure of backstage passes fired up the crowd bigtime and the smalla audience sounded a lot bigger than they looked.

3. Prince Abdul Bashir vs. Christopher Daniels: I haven't seen Daniels in person in a while so I forgot just how awesome his moonsault is. The only drawback to this match was that Bashir was doing little more than punches and kicks throughout the night. Still, Daniels kept things exciting.
WINNER: Christopher Daniels

4. TNA World Tag Team Championship Match: Beer Money Inc. (Robert Roode & "Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm) (Champions) vs. Team 3-D (Brother Ray & Brother Devon): This match was very old school in that both teams took their time building up the audience's anticipation before starting things off. Lots of comedy spots including Beer Money getting into it with referee Earl Hebner, leading to Brother Ray putting on Hebner's striped shirt and reffing a match between Storm and Hebner. Team 3-D dominated the match but some clever (some might say illegal) double teams by the champions spelled the end for Team 3-D.
WINNERS: Beer Money Inc. (by pinfall).

After the match, Bashir went to celebrate with Beer Money but the champions wanted nothing to do with them. Instead, Storm sprayed beer in Bashir's face then rolled him into the ring where Team 3-D anxiously awaited him. Bashir went through the table, much to the delight of the audience. Team 3-D worked the crowd and gave away a piece of the broken table to a young fan.

5. X Division Title Match (Three Way Dance): "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. Suicide vs. Homicide (Champion)- Jeremy Borash announced that a new champion had been crowned this week and that TNA fans could watch the title match this Thursday on Impact. Decent X match with Homicide retaining.

6. Legends Title Match: Samoa Joe vs. A.J. Styles: I was surprised to see Joe wrestle (especially in a singles match) given his injury. You couldn't tell Joe was injured by the performance he put in. During the match, Kurt Angle ran out and tried to interfere but Mick Foley came out to stop him. Excellent main event with Styles hitting the Pele followed by the Styles Clash for the win.
WINNER: A.J. Styles (by pinfall).

After the match, Mick Foley congratulated Styles on his victory. He thanked the fans for supporting TNA then informed the fans that they had a special birthday to celebrate-that of legendary wrestler (and Buffalo native) The Destroyer. Foley led the fans in singing Happy Birthday as the Destroyer made his way to ringside. Foley then thanked the Destroyer for paving the way for all of today's stars. The Destroyer thanked Foley and told Foley that he's lot better wrestler than he is a singer.

Following the birthday celebration, Jeremy Borash informed the fans that they didn't have enough backstage passes for the fans so they were bringing the wrestlers out to meet them. Some of the evening's stars showed up to do autographs and mingle with the fans. There was also an opportunity to get in the six sided ring and take a picture with a TNA star for twenty bucks.

This was a really fun evening. While there weren't a lot of matches, the wrestlers put on a good show and really knew how to interact with the fans during the matches. That's something that you just don't see a lot of anymore. TNA really went out of its way to make the fans feel appreciated. The only real drawback to tonight's show was the obnoxiously bright lights they used to light the stage. They were so bright that you couldn't see all of the action and taking pictures was a bit of a chore. Still, one of the most fun house shows I've been to in quite a while.

Kevin Hover sent this report.

I just got back from TNA Live in Hamburg (suburban Buffalo), NY. Here are this evening's results.

The show started off at 7:30 with someone who was NOT Jeremy Borash MCing the event. Two sentences in, they lost power to the mics. So he yelled out the usual do not videotape this instead. JB eventually took over the proceedings. The sound problem wasn't fixed until after the first match, so no music.

"Showtime" Eric Young defeated Consequences Creed at 7:22. Mixed reaction to EY, I guess his heel turn hasn't caught on yet.

Taylor Wilde defeated Angelina Love at 8:58. Referee Earl Hebner was getting the brunt of the abuse as per usual. The best chant going was "Earl's got a boner."

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels beat Sheik Abdul Bashir at 7:26 with the BME.

TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money successfully defended against Team 3D at 20:55. A very fun match the crowd was way into. Sheik Bashir again with interference helps Beer Money win, only to have Robert Roode send him to the wolves from Dudleyville waiting with a table for the 3D. Bubba and D-Von gave a kid in the audience a signed piece of said table.

Intermission

TNA X Division Champion Homicide successfully defended against Suicide and "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal, pinning Lethal at 7:49.

TNA Legends Champion AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe at 9:50 with the Pele. Kurt Angle interfered, crotching AJ on the turnbuckle, which brought out Mick Foley to clear house of the TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

After the last match, Cactus brought Dick The Destroyer to the ring, and had the audience sing happy 78th. birthday to him. Foley also brought out Daniels, Taylor Wilde, and Creed to sign autographs at ringside, while AJ Styles took pictures with fans in the ring.

It was far and away the best card I've been to in years, probably dating back to when I was a kid seeing Ric Flair and Roddy Piper in a cage during Flair's first WWF run. I would guess between 1700-2000 people in attendance, which given the little advertising I saw is a great thing. JB teased possibly doing a PPV there. Overall a great experience.

PWI