PDA

View Full Version : TNA House Show Results from Rio Rancho, New Mexico 10/30/09

Kellie
11-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Match one- Kip James vs "Super-Mex" Hernandez

Great opener. Match started slow, with Kip saying things like "S**t, he's strong". They eventually had some back and forth moves, with Hernandez picking up the win with some sort of falcon arrow-type slam. Holy Crap, Hernandez if HUGE!!!!!

Match two- Hamada vs Awesome Kong

Crowd was solidly behind Kong. Hamada took quite a beating, but had a nice glory spot at the end. It was for naught, however as Kong hit the Awesome Bomb for the win. Kong almosty hit a second Awesome Bomb on the ref, but he ducked out of the way.

Match three- Global Champion Eric Young vs Suicide (non-title)

The low point of the night. I'm sorry, but they did too many rest holds at the begining of the match. Overall, solid effort, and did the two justice. Suicide wins with a roll up off of a piledriver reversal.

Match four- Homicide and Kyoshi(sp?) vs Beer Money, Inc.

Before the match Roode and Storm got the crowd whipped up into a frenzy. Storm said that someone forgot to get his beer, so he asked the crowd to give him one. Storm got his Beer and he did drink it. Then they led a chant of "Beer" "Money", before Roode stopped the chant to add one extra thing by saying that there was 3 things Beer Money liked: beer, money, and boobies. So they started the chant again, except this time it was "beer" "money" "boobies". But enough about that. The match was solid, with Beer Money in control early. WE took over in the middle, with Storm on the end of a majority of the punishment. Roode eventually got the tag, cleaned house, and pinned Kyoshi after the DWI.

*intermission*

Match five- "The War Machine" Rhino vs "The Monster" Abyss

Rhino got on the mic before the match and cut a pretty decent promo which got alot of heat. He was cryin about the rookies taking over TNA which prompted a chant of "Cry Machine" Hilarious stuff. Great back and forth on the match with Abyss winning after dodging the gore and hitting a Black Hole Slam.

Main Event- Samoa Joe vs TNA World Heavyweight Champion "The Phenominal" AJ Styles (TNA World Heavyweight Title match)

All I can say is WOW!!!!!! Awesome action from both of these men! Both hit alot of their signature spots including AJ's springboard forearm and Joe's Uranage reversal in the corner. Finish was spectacular as well. Joe set AJ up for a muscle buster, AJ rolls out, teases a Styles Clash, Joe reverses out and AJ hits the Pele for the win.

After the match AJ said he wanted to bring all the fans to the back to meet the TNA stars, whoever I guess the road Agent was said no. So AJ countered by saying if the fans could not go into the Locker Room, he would bring the locker room to the fans. All the faces came out to sign Autographs, including Earl Hebner. They offered fans a chance to get in the ring and take a picture with AJ for $20, which was too steep for me at the time. I did get Autographs from Hernandez, Suicide, Abyss, James Storm, Jeremy Borash(who served as Ring Announcer) and the aforementioned Mr. Hebner.

Overall, a great show. About 500-600 attended, the arena was no where near sold out, but the place was on fire all night. Hopefully they come back through soon!

Biggest pops
1. AJ Styles
2. Hernandez
3. Awesome Kong

Most Heat
1. Rhino
2. (tie) Eric Young/Homicide & Kyoshi
3. Samoa Joe

LOP