PDA

View Full Version : Stellar Award Winners.

DeadWolf
01-24-2006, 04:56 AM
NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- Gospel vocalist Donald Lawrence's "I Speak Life" album captured seven awards Saturday at the 21st Annual Stellar Gospel Music Awards at the Grand Ole Opry House.

Aretha Franklin was on hand to present the Song of the Year award for Lawrence's recording of "Healed," written by Jonathan Nelson.

Lawrence took the Artist of the Year and Producer of the Year awards. Because "I Speak Life" was released as a guest star-packed album under the name "Donald Lawrence & Co.," those involved also earned awards for Contemporary Group/Duo of the Year and CD of the Year.

Newcomer J. Moss took the male vocalist, new artist and contemporary male vocalist awards.

Pleased with the win, Moss dedicated his victory "to God, who let me know that he is not to be put inside a box."

The show, which honors the achievements of blacks in gospel music, was hosted by Vickie Winans, Israel Houghton and Donnie McClurkin.

Artists paid tribute to the Winans Family of gospel stars, who were honored with the James Cleveland lifetime achievement award.

Courtesy Of CNN.com