PDA

View Full Version : TNA House Show Results 2.11.10: Charlottesville

John
02-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Credit: DJ Derek Clark

* The JPJ which holds around 20,000 people was in no way, no how, no where near sold out. I think we had around 500-600 if that. That event could have been held at a local high school. But, the crowd that was there seemed to enjoy the show.

* TNA tried to entertain the crowd the best they could. Things like giving away backstage passes to the "loudest fans". Throwing DVD's and T-shirts into the crowd. Having Tara and Kurt Angle out in the lobby signing autographs. They had Jeremy Borash there for the announcing duties, as well as an angle with Earl Hebner, which I'll touch on a little bit later.

* They also had a deal where you could buy 4 DVD's, a T-shirt and a TNA bag all for $20 bucks. Really good deal. Don West was actually behind the booth selling merchandise with a headset microphone on where you could hear him on the loud speakers. Cool concept I thought.

* However, they did a lot of teases that didn't quite happen which I think disappointed the crowd. Things like Sting's music playing for no reason. Borash bringing up the names of Flair, Hogan and Hardy and saying there was going to be a surprise at the end of the show. None of those stars showed up, since the surprise was the post-show signing. Stuff like that just irritates me. Oh well, onto the results.

* Generation Me beat Jay Lethal and Consequences Creed. Best match of the night...by far.

* Homicide pinned Jesse Neal.

* Madison Rayne and Lacey Von Erich were beat by Angelina Love and Tara. Bad, bad match. It was slow and sloppy. Oh...and boring too.

* Jeff Jarrett pinned Daniels.

Intermission

* Desmond Wolfe and The British Invasion were beaten by Beer Money Inc. and Kurt Angle. Again....a lot of talking...a lot of "false starts". Action wasn't that hot. Angle looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.

* Main Event: Champion AJ Styles vs. D'Angelo Dinero with special guest referee Earl Hebner. Then a guy came out and informed Borash that Hogan had suspended Hebner for something or another and security grabbed him and threw him out. Decent match, but nothing to write home about. AJ gets the win. He and Dinero argue and scrap back and forth after the match before they offer the big surprise.

* The surprise was that you could get in the ring and take a picture with AJ Styles and even hold the belt for $20. If you didn't want to that, you could find a place at ringside and some of the wrestlers would come to you and shake hands and sign stuff. All of that was called the "TNA Autograph Party". Pretty neat I guess. We didn't stay for all that. As we were leaving, Kurt Angle was signing autographs in the lobby.

* Overall, for my first TNA show, I'd give it a C+.