PDA

View Full Version : Latest On Rock, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho To TNA

OMEN
01-26-2006, 02:35 PM
It is well-documented that Spike TV wants TNA to bring in bigger names to strengthen its credibility with casual wrestling fans. In fact, sources say TNA's failure to sign another marquee name is the reason it did not receive the Monday night special on 2/13.

Members of TNA have reached out to Bret Hart, Chris Jericho and The Rock in recent months, although no deals are anywhere near being signed.

At this point, a Chris Jericho debut appears unlikely. During the two parties' discussions, it became clear that Chris Jericho wants "Sting money" in order to join the TNA roster, and the wrestling company has no intention to offer him that much.

Following discussions with Bret Hart, however, Jeff Jarrett is optimistic that "Hitman" will eventually make appearances for TNA.

Jeff Jarrett recently consulted The Rock for "product advice" - appearing for TNA was not discussed in that meeting. Nonetheless, it is possible that TNA might eventually extend an offer to The Rock, although the odds of Rock even considering an appearance for TNA are not very good.

Sources: Wrestling-Observer Newsletter, PWTorch Newsletter

W-OLF
01-26-2006, 02:45 PM
AWE Jericho I almost thought was a given when Jarrett referred to him on Impact but anyway Its good to see Tna making decisions and putting the right foot forward I cant wait till it can go head to head with WWE.

Austinfan4Life
01-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Jericho was referred to Twice on Final Resolution. It seems like they want to keep mentioning him just incase they ever get him over there.. I doubt it though. Chris Jericho has too much of a chance of becoming WWE Champion when he returns.. to bother going to TNA. The Rock won't ever go there. Bret is a maybe.. but never to wrestle.

judgeplissken
01-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Personally I think The Rock would think he is too good for TNA.