PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock/Ortiz 3

Just KC
08-07-2006, 03:06 AM
The following comes from OnlyUFC:

Sunday's Las Vegas Review-Journal features quotes from Dana White that confirm UFC's interest in a third Ken Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz fight.

"The way that fight ended the last time (stunk), and we care about our fans and our customers," White said. "They were booing and throwing (things) and I've never experienced anything like that before. It was a bad scene."

The fight was stopped in Tito Ortiz's favor after one minute and eighteen seconds. Although Ortiz was clearly winning, MMA fans almost unanimously condemned the stoppage as premature, noting that Ken Shamrock was far from "out."

White is eyeing an October Spike TV special for the fight as a courtesy to disappointed fans who paid $39.95 to see their bout last month.

Neither Ortiz nor Ken Shamrock had agreed to terms at press time

abbott1
08-07-2006, 04:24 AM
Thank God John Mccarthy Better Ref This Time

So Ken!

kingofkings13
08-24-2006, 09:22 AM
I would watch this if it aired on spike tv but if they try to sell it as a PPV they can go to hell

ajs
08-26-2006, 02:51 AM
Shamrock Is A Icon...(but) Ortiz....whoop His Ass The 1st Fight I Was There Live & In Color!!!! I Agree The 2nd Fight Should'nt Of Gotten Stopped Like That. I Feel There Will Be A 3rd Fight For I Have Met Both Of Them & They Do Hate Each Other & I Belive It Could Draw Ratings /crowd...shamrock Got Whooped By,franklin & It Did'nt Bother Him Why???ortiz!!!! Predition...o R T I Z !!!!

Will
08-27-2006, 03:11 AM
The Final Conflict - Ortiz vs Shamrock III

By Thomas Gerbasi

On October 10, the most bitter rivalry in mixed martial arts history will finally come to a close when Tito Ortiz faces Ken Shamrock at the Seminole Hard Rock Live Arena in Hollywood, Florida.

Tickets go on sale on Tuesday, August 29 for this clash of mixed martial arts titans, which headlines an exciting night of UFC action, which will be televised live on Spike TV.

“There are people around the world that invested 13 weeks into ‘The Ultimate Fighter 3’ to see Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz fight,” said UFC President Dana White. “So on October 10th, live on Spike TV, we’re gonna finish this thing off once and for all. Win, lose, or draw, this is it, and I’m gonna give it to you for free because I feel you didn’t get what you paid for (in their rematch).”

Ortiz, the former UFC light heavyweight champion, is 2-0 in his series with Shamrock thus far, but the bouts have not been without substantial intrigue and controversy. In November of 2002, Ortiz halted Shamrock, but it was later revealed that ‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ was less than 100% due to injury, and the heat between the two didn’t subside in the least.

After the two matched wits as coaches during the third season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’, a July 8th bout at UFC 61 was supposed to settle the score once and for all, but after a furious first round assault by Ortiz, the bout was stopped at the 1:18 mark, drawing the ire of Shamrock and boos from the packed house.

“We’re all fighters, and we all deserve to win or lose as fighters,” said Shamrock. “Let’s get in there, let’s bleed together, and when it’s done, it’s done.”

“For me, it’s more about getting back into the Octagon,” said Ortiz. “This will be my third fight this year and it’s nice to be back and competing. I’m coming back to shut Ken up.”

And with so many unanswered questions surrounding this rivalry, there’s only one thing left to be said on October 10th…

“Let’s get it on.”

Just KC
08-27-2006, 04:29 AM
O damn i cant wait to this this. im glad its free. Hopefully ken lasts more than 1 round this time lol. at least put up one good fight before you retire.

Will
08-27-2006, 04:54 AM
I agree. I dont think Ken has a shot of winning, but he needs to atleast make it to a decision, so his career doesnt end totally negative. After all he has only won 2 of his last 8 fights.

Just KC
08-28-2006, 04:57 AM
Hopefully Shamrock can take him down early and work on him just as Tito did do him in the previous fight. rember Ken, Learn from your mistakes

__________________________________________________ _______________

There are people around the world that invested 13 weeks into ‘The Ultimate Fighter 3’ to see Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz fight,” said UFC President Dana White. “So on October 10th, live on Spike TV, we’re gonna finish this thing off once and for all. Win, lose, or draw, this is it, and I’m gonna give it to you for free because I feel you didn’t get what you paid for (in their rematch).”

Ortiz, the former UFC light heavyweight champion, is 2-0 in his series with Shamrock thus far, but the bouts have not been without substantial intrigue and controversy. In November of 2002, Ortiz halted Shamrock, but it was later revealed that ‘The World’s Most Dangerous Man’ was less than 100% due to injury, and the heat between the two didn’t subside in the least.

After the two matched wits as coaches during the third season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’, a July 8th bout at UFC 61 was supposed to settle the score once and for all, but after a furious first round assault by Ortiz, the bout was stopped at the 1:18 mark, drawing the ire of Shamrock and boos from the packed house.

“We’re all fighters, and we all deserve to win or lose as fighters,” said Shamrock. “Let’s get in there, let’s bleed together, and when it’s done, it’s done.”

“For me, it’s more about getting back into the Octagon,” said Ortiz. “This will be my third fight this year and it’s nice to be back and competing. I’m coming back to shut Ken up.”

And with so many unanswered questions surrounding this rivalry, there’s only one thing left to be said on October 10th…

“Let’s get it on.”
credit UFC.com

riddlebox632
08-31-2006, 08:35 PM
The only reason Tito took this fight was to keep him self busy until he fights Chuck in December. The outcome will be no different from the first two fights and I don't really even like Tito either.