PDA

View Full Version : PS3's 2006 game lineup updated

OMEN
01-29-2006, 10:41 PM
http://www.ps3-hacks.com/images/real-ps3-front.jpg
The PlayStation 3 is supposed to come out this year, but its projected lineup for 2006 is a bit on the thin side. However, third-party publishers are starting to announce their contributions for the year little by little.

The latest issue of Famitsu reveals that Japanese game publisher Success has scheduled to release both of its PS3 games before the end of the calendar year. One is a yet-to-be-named role-playing game, and the other is a simulation game named Hitsuji Mura (Sheep Village). Both games were already announced at 2005's Tokyo Game Show, but their release dates were given the mysterious "To Be Announced" label.

While there are already 71 publishers making 102 games for the PS3, most of the games still carry TBA release dates. With Success' pair added to the list of 2006 hopefuls, there are still only eight titles slated for this year. Koei is the only company that's announced titles for release this spring, when the PS3 may launch in Japan.

The list of PS3 games currently projected for release in 2006 is below:

Fatal Inertia, Koei, spring 2006
Mahjong Taikai, Koei, spring 2006
Ni-Oh, Koei, summer 2006
Shin Ten Makai VI, Idea Factory, summer 2006
Vampire's Rain, AQ Interactive, winter 2006
Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega, 2006
Unnamed RPG, Success, 2006
Hitsuji Mura, Success, 2006

Gamespot

Flair Country
01-30-2006, 01:06 AM
That's definitely worse than the lineup for the Xbox 360. Is it just me or does the PS3 look really cheap too? I've seen pictures before, but that one makes it look like it was made out of really cheap plastic or something.

Straight Edge
01-30-2006, 02:51 AM
I dunno whether i'll be purchasing the PS3 or not, I coulda sworn I saw a much better picture than that one, that one kinda puts me off a little bit. If I do buy one, I will be waiting for the price to be reduced a little

G-Rich
01-31-2006, 01:10 AM
Smackdown vs Raw brand, I'm still gonna get it.