PDA

View Full Version : Against All Odds: Official Card & Discussion

Reinheimer
01-30-2006, 03:16 AM
http://www.tnawrestling.com/againstallodds/images/logo.gif
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/Reinheimer/_1.jpg

FINAL CARD

On February 4, TNA wrestling brings to you another one of their huge 3 hour PPV's. This month the PPV is Against All Odds. Against All Odds comes to you live on PPV from the Universial Studios, in Orlando, Florida. Like every other TNA PPV, Against All Odds will air the first 30 minutes for free, and then the 3 hour adrenaline rush begins.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Jarrett vs. Christian Cage
For months now, The King Of The Mountain Jeff Jarrett has been walking around with the NWA Championship. Over these past few months many TNA wrestlers have been stepping up and been making it obvious that they want a title shot. Many names have been coming up including Rhino, Christian Cage, Monty Brown, and now another name has been coming up. And that is Sting. After an emotional wrestling retirement speach by Sting, Christian Cage made it clear that he was the number one contender for the NWA World Championship. For the first time in career he will be going one on one on PPV for a World Championship. Ever since Cage's debut in TNA he has been causing problems with NWA Champ Jeff Jarrett. With all his taunting and promo's leading up to this match. They are finally going at it. One for one for the big one. Will Christian Cage fufill his dream and take the gold? Or will Jarrett once again retain his piece of metal against Captain Charisma.

TNA X Division Championship
Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
Ever since Samoa Joe came into TNA he has been on an impressive winning streak. Never been pinned, and never submitted. But he never got the shot that he rightfully deserved. That was of course until Turning Point 2005. After Joe had giving Christopher Daniels a third degree concussion at Genesis, the then X Division Champion AJ Styles challanged Joe to a match for the title. After an incredible match up between the two at Turning Point, Joes winning streak continued as he defeated Styles for the Championship. In an attempt to gain revenge on Joe for what he done to him. Daniels returned and challanged Joe to a match at Final Resolution. In what was just a pounding by Joe, AJ Styles had to throw the towel in and stop the match. Now AJ Styles has the match against Joe for the title at Against All Odds. But that didn't please Daniels. Daniels feels that Styles screwed him out of the X Division Championship at Final Resolution when he threw the towel in. After consulting with Larry Zbyszko, he is now added to the match. And now the match is a triple threat. The last time the three meet in a triple threat they put on a match of the year candidate. No doubt this one, like the match they had at Unbreakeable, will be a classic.

NWA World Tag Team Championships
America's Most Wanted vs. Chris Saben & Sonjay Dutt
Just this past week on iMpact it was made official that Team 3D was going to be facing Team Canada's Bobby Rhode & Eric Young at Against All Odds. But one thing which hadn't been made official was the opponents who will face the NWA Tag Champions 'The Wildcat' Chris Harris & 'Cowboy' James Storm. During a backstage segment on iMpact, the teams of Austin Aries & Rodrick Strong and The Naturals demanded their shot for the titles. As a result of this, Larry Zbyszko announced a tournament would take place in the final two weeks before Against All Odds. The first match in the tournament saw Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt advance by defeating Petey Williams and A1 from Team Canada. And the second match saw Austin Aries & Rodrick Strong defeat The Naturals to advance in the brackets. Now both teams will compete against each other one night before Against All Odds. Whatever does happen, we know that AMW will have a tough challange on their hands.

Falls Count Anywhere
Rhino vs. Abyss
Two months ago at Turning Point, 'The War Machine' Rhino finally got his rematch against Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World Championship. When everything seemed to be looking up for Rhino, Team Canada came in and basically screwed Rhino out of the World Championship. Over the next few weeks Rhino made it clear that he was after 'Team Canada' coach Scott D'Amore. Worried about all of this, Scott D'Amore made a deal with James Mitchell. Due to this Rhino now has to deal with 'The Monster' Abyss. Abyss was able to get the better of Rhino at Final Resolution. But when the two met on iMpact it was completely different. The two behemoths destroyed the iMpact zone. The match was declaired a no contest after Rhino GORED Abyss through the entrance wall and both men couldn't continue. Due to the actions which occured, Larry Zbyszko announced that the two of them would meet in a Falls Count Anywhere match. Now they have the entire iMpact zone and Universial Studios to use as they please. No doubt this match will indeed be a classic?

Team 3D vs. Team Canada
At TNA's last PPV 'Final Resolution' it was Team 3D vs. America's Most Wanted for the NWA World Tag Team Championships. The 2005 TNA tag team of the year finally got their chance to fufill their dream and become the NWA World Tag Team Champions for the first time in their incredible career. At the end of the match Team 3D actually got the three count on 'AMW' and it seemed like they were the new tag team champions. But the referee was blinded by powder so he didn't know which team got the win. While he was getting it out of him face Team Canada came in and started beating up Team 3D. In one of the most unusual moments in wrestling, they placed Chris Harris over Brother Ray and that was enough for the referee to give the match to Americas Most Wanted. On iMpact Team 3D made it perfectly clear that they wanted both Team Canada, but they could only pick one. They decided to let the fans decide bye having an online poll on Tnawrestling.com. When the results came in it turned out to be Team Canada who the fans want Team 3D to face. Now it's going to be 'The Canadian Enforcer' Bobby Rhode & 'Showtime' Eric Young who takes on Team 3D this Sunday. Will Team 3D finally get some revenge on Team Canada? Or will the numbers game again be exploited on PPV?

The James Gang vs. Latin American Exchange
About 3-4 weeks ago something happenned which would change the faction known as the '4 Live Krew'. Konnan showed his true colours and gave both Kip James and BG James chairshots right to the head. He had stated many times that he never liked Kip James and really made a statement. On a recent iMPACT an even more shocking event took place. While BG's father Bob Armstrong was going to try and sort things out with Konnan, Konnan and his new group with Homicide and Apollo 'LAX' gave Armstrong a real beating. Now the newly reunited tag team of the James's have been challanged by Konnan and Homicide to a match at Against All Odds. Of course, The James Gang accepted this match. So will The James Gang gain a measure of revenge for what LAX done to the Bullet? Or will LAX have a suprise for Kip and BG? Will the third member of LAX Apollo make an impact? Theres only one way to find out.

Petey Williams vs Alex Shelley vs Matt Bentley vs Jay Lethal

--------------------------------------------------------

Pre Show Matches

Ron 'The Truth' Killings vs. A1

Lance Hoyt, Shark Boy, & Cassidy Riley vs 'Primetime' Elix Skipper, David Young, & 'The Prince of Punk' Shannon Moore

--------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to discuss the PPV. Any predictions and comments on the card are encouraged :)

Flair Country
01-30-2006, 04:17 AM
So far so good. I'm really looking forward to that X Division Triple Threat Match between Styles, Joe, and Daniels. Can't wait to see LAX mainly because of Homocide as I have heard nothing but good things about this guy.

LG
01-31-2006, 09:04 PM
So am I ... Samoa Joe..Styles...Daniels
i dunno who willl win
i suspect Joe wil;

Austinfan4Life
01-31-2006, 09:46 PM
The Triple Threat Rematch of the Best Match of 2005 in TNA is gonna rule.. I was so pissed when i heard on Impact match of the year went to barb wire massacre.. That was bullshit.. But o well.. This should be kick ass!!!

yankeesman77
01-31-2006, 10:10 PM
I suspect Samoa Joe will win. Hes undefeated but 3 very talented wrestlers should be a very good match.

Reinheimer
02-01-2006, 01:15 PM
So am I ... Samoa Joe..Styles...Daniels
i dunno who willl win
i suspect Joe wil;

I suspect Samoa Joe will win. Hes undefeated but 3 very talented wrestlers should be a very good match.

I just had to quote these two. I also have to disagree with what you two are saying. Sure Samoa Joe would be an odds on favorite in this match. The guys been nothing but impressive since entering TNA. But think about some outside factors. Samoa Joe has been wrestling with a staph infection in his arm. Now im no doctor so I don't know what that actually is. But you got to think thats the reason why the match was changed to a triple threat. Samoa Joe has never been pinned or submitted in a match in TNA. While thats a fact. Another fact is that he hasn't won every match he's been in. Unbreakeable 2005 we saw the exact same match, and because Joe wasn't part of the end. He didn't actually lose the match.

Now incase you haven't caught on to what im trying to say. Samoa Joe needs to stay undefeated. But he's working through an injury. Now at this match at Against All Odds he will be defending the X Championship in a triple threat match. A match where he can lose the X Championship without losing. So what i'm guessing is that Samoa Joe is indeed going to be dropping the title at Against All Odds to either Daniels or Styles. Due to the fact he is working through an injury, and that he can drop the championship without losing the match.

the madscotsman
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
who are the latin american exchange.

Reinheimer
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
The Latan American Exchange is Konnans new group. On the last iMpact of 2005 Konnan, Apollo, and Homicide (Latan American Exchange) sent a message to BG and Kip James by beating down 'The Bullet' Bob Armstrong. I'm pretty sure everyone remembers that. That was when LAX was born. They've had a few matches. One was on iMpact where LAX (Apollo and Homicide) went up against The Naturals. The match was eventually thrown out due to the use of what I guess is now a trademark LAX weapon, the flapjack. There was a rematch at the Final Resolution pre show between the two. This time it was Konnan and Homicide vs. The Naturals due to other commitments by Apollo. The Flapjack was in use again, which led to the victory for LAX. Theres just a brief history of the team. They look pretty good at the moment. It will be great to see them on PPV against The James Gang.

the madscotsman
02-02-2006, 04:23 PM
thanks for that. I think the new age outlaws, sorry the 'james gang' will win as they have been a succesfull tag team for along time.

Gary
02-05-2006, 10:55 PM
i think the lax is going to win becuz of homicide

Reinheimer
02-11-2006, 01:07 AM
How will they win because of Homicide. He's a great wrestler but this isn't the indis. This is the real deal.

And the card has been updated. I will update it for the last time tonight :)

chuck_norris
02-13-2006, 04:05 AM
btw its a blackjack not a flapjack and apollo has been replaced by a guy named machete