PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather/Baldomir Who do you think will win

Just KC
09-05-2006, 05:02 AM
"Pretty Risky"

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/8758/floydmayweatherqw6.jpg http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/4382/baldomir1emay5.jpg

Known as boxing’s “Pretty Boy,” and universally recognized as the pound-for-pound king of the ring, Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is set to face what most believe is a pretty risky fight against the very dangerous WBC and Ring magazine Welterweight Champion Carlos Manuel “Tata” Baldomir Saturday, Nov. 4 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. “PRETTY RISKY” will be presented by Goossen Tutor Promotions, in association with Sycuan Ringside Promotions, and produced and distributed live on HBO Pay-Per-View beginning at 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PST..

“The world knows who the Pretty Boy is, but now Floyd has his sights on his legacy. Baldomir poses the risk to Floyd that fans love to embrace, a fighter they believe will be too big, determined and strong for Mayweather,” said Dan
Goossen, President of Goossen Tutor Promotions. “This is what the great ones do, take on all deserving challenges. Baldomir predicts an upset Floyd promises he’s ready for history.”

“We’re very aware that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is undefeated and incredibly talented,” said Glenn Quiroga, President of Sycuan Ringside Promotions. “But Carlos was the underdog against Zab Judah and was again against Arturo Gatti; but everybody in boxing knows what happened in those fights. It’s said lightning doesn’t strike twice; well, it has, so there’s no reason it can’t strike a third time.”

“Mayweather is the pound-for-pound king. Baldomir is the welterweight king. On November 4, boxing fans get to see who will reign supreme in this premier match-up,” said HBO Pay-Per-View’s Mark Taffet.

Mayweather—undefeated and winning championships in four separate weight divisions—has blossomed into boxing’s global marquee superstar. He feels the challenge he faces November 4 is another step to cementing his legacy as what could be one of boxing’s all time greats.

“Ring magazine and the people might recognize Baldomir as the true welterweight champion for now,” said Mayweather. “Come November there will be a different story to tell and it will all be pretty, for me.”

Baldomir—whose size and power will be the real challenge for Mayweather—is boxing’s most recent and best “Cinderella” story. The Argentinean—who hails from the same hometown as the late, great World Middleweight Champion Carlos Monzon—thoroughly upset the boxing applecart with his back-to-back dominating victories over Judah and Gatti in their respective backyards of New York City and Atlantic City, New Jersey earlier this year.

“My time has come and I have no fear of Mayweather, and as a matter of fact, I can’t wait to get my fists on him,” said Baldomir. “His pretty looks can’t help him when he steps in the ring and I will continue to show the world that my last fights weren’t the best I can be. I plan on being faster and throwing bigger bombs on every part of Mayweather’s body. I am very confident and he’ll see I’m the best welterweight in the world and I’m going to stay that way.”

The Mayweather vs. Baldomir pay-per-view telecast, beginning at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT, has a suggested retail price of $49.95, will be distributed by HBO Pay-Per-View and will be available to more than 56 million pay-per-view homes. The telecast will be available in HD-TV for those viewers who can receive HD. HBO Pay-Per-View is the leading supplier of event programming to the pay-per-view industry.

Joe
09-05-2006, 03:25 PM
WEll i aint a Boxing fan, havent seen any of those two box so i picked Baldomir simply becasue no-one else was posting and plus it would annoy the hell out of you lol

kingofkings13
09-05-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm gonna go with Mayweather. I think he is to fast and way too skilled for him to lose to a fighter like baldomir.

Will
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I also dont watch boxing and I dont have a clue who either of them are, so im going with Baldomir too.

Jodes
09-07-2006, 11:41 PM
WEll i aint a Boxing fan, havent seen any of those two box so i picked Baldomir simply becasue no-one else was posting and plus it would annoy the hell out of you lol

lmao me to Joe:agree: no really KC i read it all and i also think Mayweather will win. so i vote for Mayweather.:cool: