PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC hoping to celebrate 40th anniversary with 40 shows

LG
02-17-2014, 06:23 PM
WENN

Rock legends AC/DC will celebrate their 40th anniversary in 2014 by performing 40 shows around the world, while recording their first new album in five years. Frontman Brian Johnson has revealed he and his bandmates are planning to enter a studio in Vancouver, Canada, in May.

Calling in to Florida DJ Andy Preston's 98.7 The Gater radio show on Friday, Johnson told the radio personality the band has been keeping a low profile of late because one member was ill.

Johnson explained, "One of our boys was pretty ill, so we didn't like to say anything, and we're very private about things like this, so we didn't wanna say anything. And he's a very proud man. But I think we'll be going into the studio in May."

He added, "It's been 40 years of the band's existence, so I think we're gonna try to do 40 gigs, 40 shows, to thank the fans for their undying loyalty. I mean, honestly, our fans are just the best in the world, and we appreciate every one of them. So, like I said, we'll have to go out, even though we're getting a bit long in the tooth."