PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Johnson: 50 Crew Members Fired for Sneaking Pictures on ‘Hercules’ Set

Rob
03-31-2014, 07:56 AM
http://i0.wp.com/pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/hercules-poster-features-a-pissed-off-dwayne-johnson.jpg?crop=0px%2C88px%2C862px%2C480px&resize=670%2C377

Paramount Pictures and MGM were evidently even more secretive about the upcoming “Hercules” than initially anticipated.

Star Dwayne Johnson told CinemaBlend that the studios were so stern about keeping the iconic character’s full look under wraps that they fired dozens of people for attempting to take photos of him in costume.

“I would say maybe close to 50 people were fired — crew members — all trying to sneak pictures,” Johnson said. “There’s mandate and we all agreed on that.”

Johnson himself tweeted numerous pics on the set of the swords-and-sandals epic, but always teased his character’s new look (complete with a full beard) without giving anything away. He said he asked the studio to have faith in his social media prowess.

“I told the studios, ‘Hey, what I’d like to do is take the audience and the fans on a journey from beginning to end because it’s such a passion project for me. So from the time I get to Budapest, I’d like to take them on a journey in terms of what my diet is, what my training is and on set, too,’” he told the site. “They said, ‘Well, how are you going to do that?’ I said, ‘Well, trust me. Somehow I’m going to do it.’”

After revealing the first footage from Brett Ratner’s “Hercules” at CinemaCon on Monday, Paramount released the first trailer for the film on Tuesday. The movie follows the Greek demigod after he completes the 12 Labors.