PDA

View Full Version : FXX to air Simpsons Mega-Marathon

Rob
04-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Television network FXX will air all 552 episodes of The Simpsons consecutively in an 12-day marathon this summer. The pilot will kick things off on August 21st, with episodes continuing into Labor Day (September 1st) according to The Associated Press.

The Simpsons Are Killing Off a Major Character; See Who We Think Should Make Their Last Exit from Springfield

The marathon coincides with the network's recent licensing of the series, which cost FXX an estimated $500 million last year. Every episode of the series will also be available for streaming via the FXNow app in August, and FXX intends to show four hours of Simpsons episodes every Sunday this fall, leading up to the long-running series' 26th season premiere.

Even after 25 years, the producers of The Simpsons have managed to find ways to keep things interesting on the show. For one thing, they intend to kill off a major character. "We are doing this story for the same reason we do all others – we think it has a good emotional through-line," executive producer Al Jean said in October. "The story will be produced this year, though it may air in Season 26."

Additionally, they've looked to the past to bring fresh ideas to their current seasons. Next season, it will air an episode written by Judd Apatow – two decades ago. At the time, he had written scripts that he had pitched to The Simpsons and Fox's Chris Elliott vehicle Get a Life. "I sent them all around town and I did not get a job from anybody," he said in January. "I got a meeting at Get a Life and didn't get a job there either. But I heard that they liked it at The Simpsons." Jean later hired him to work on the cartoon The Critic. Now his Simpsons script – about a hypnotist convincing Homer that he is a 10-year-old – is under production.

Slayer_X
04-10-2014, 08:26 PM
My DVR groaned .

Role Model
04-10-2014, 11:12 PM
My DVR groaned .

Haha for sure....but wow, gotta see if my DVR will record something that big, lol. Sure will be neat they're doing this I'll probably catch as much as I can when I'm home.