PDA

View Full Version : ITV's Splash! gets the axe after two series

John
06-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Tom Daley and ITV’s Splash! has been axed after two series.

It’s no real shock after ratings for the second run earlier this year flopped on ITV up against The Voice UK on BBC One.

According to the Daily Mirror newspaper, Tom Daley’s focus on preparations for the 2016 *Olympics in Rio have been partly to blame for the decision to cancel the show.

An insider added: “Tom’s diving comes first. But we love having him on the channel and are looking at other projects for him.”

It was claimed last week that ITV plan to air a new Celebrity Survivor series instead next Spring on Saturday nights.

A source told the Daily Star newspaper: “This is going to push the celebrities to their limits and make I’m A Celebrity look like a walk in the park.

“But it’s not about strength, it’s about survival, which means brains over brawn.”

TellyMix.

This places ITV in a compromising position, regarding their spring schedule next year. With Dancing on Ice and Splash now removed, they need a programme to fill the existing gap on Saturday and Sunday nights. I've heard several rumours that ITV are contemplating buying the rights to Big Brother, and running Celeb BB in January, as a means to replace DOI and Splash. However, this year's Splash failed to impress, and it was given a decent send-off by the team when the presenters and judges jumped into the pool.

the madscotsman
06-25-2014, 06:30 PM
It doesn't surprise me that this show was axed: It was getting shat on from the beginning.