PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Creeps To 2007

Dark Drakan
02-08-2006, 11:25 AM
THQ confirms new delay for GSC's survival-FPS, also reveals that RTS Supreme Commander is due early next year

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s slipped. Again.

Expected toward the end of 2006 - which was the latest loose date given, the title having already suffered numerous delays - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s publisher THQ has announced that GSC's ambitious and anticipated title is now pencilled in for early next year, with it releasing some time between January and March 2007. Hopefully, eh?

Seeing as delay and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. are good pals, we're not exactly surprised by this news of a new slip. You may recall that GSC recently confirmed that the game is "on the stage of beta approval", but the announcement from THQ suggests that beta status isn't quite as close as that statement implied. Either that or a lengthy bug-crushing campaign is planned.

Meanwhile, THQ has been speaking about Supreme Commander dates too, revealing that the RTS from Gas Powered Games and Chris "Total Annihilation" Taylor should be with us in early 2007. We grabbed Chris recently for a chat about the game, and you can find out what he had to say here.

SOURCE - CVG

Ive been waiting for this game for SO long and this is about the 6th time it has been delayed, the final product will hopefully be one of the best first person shooters ever but its getting crazy with all the delays.

CeS
02-08-2006, 05:03 PM
awww man, this sucks. oh well i guess we will have to wait for it a little longer. i hope they use the time to tweak the game

Dark Drakan
02-08-2006, 06:31 PM
They have spent nearly 2 years just tweaking the situational and roaming AI which is gonna be amazing and like no other game. They ran into some problems and didnt want to release it buggy as far as i know which is a good thing.