PDA

View Full Version : Robert Downey Jr. walks out on 'Avengers' interview

LionDen
04-23-2015, 09:57 AM
ALBwaO-rAsE

Should superheroes suffer?

Should they be subjected to the slings and arrows of inane interviews?

Just because you're "Iron Man," should some British interviewer have the right to act like your shrink?

Robert Downey Jr. thinks not.

He tried to be as polite as he possibly could to interviewer Krishnan Guru-Murthy of Britain's Channel 4 tonight during a chat about the new "Avengers: Age of Ultron" movie.

But then the interviewer became Krishnan Guru-Murthy MD. He posited that as Tony Stark has become more likable in the later "Iron Man" movies, so this mirrors Downey himself.

The implication from Dr. Guru-Murthy was that once upon a time Downey was not a nice man. As if he had the actor's medical notes in front of him.

Downey attempted to use just the sort of non-verbal communication for which the British are famous. He offered polite words through gently grimacing lips.

Guru-Murthy plowed on, attempting to look and sound intellectual, as he in fact looked and sounded tone deaf and struck blind.

Somehow, he wanted to link the fact that Downey had once been in prison to the story arc of Tony Stark. Or perhaps Joan of Arc. Or Noah's Ark.

The actor leaned over to his left, begging his publicist to step in -- or, perhaps, in the spirit of true Americana, pull a gun on this intrusive man.

Big Evil
04-23-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm sure they will try to paint this in a light that is more generous to their station, but this was an attack on Downey Jr. and they should be shamed for it. This was a promotion deal and this reporter tried to embarrass and drag Downey Jr. through the mud to try and make a name for himself. They were lucky to even land a interview with him. I wouldn't be surprised that they try and say Robert Downey Jr. was being unprofessional by walking out, but they were in the wrong 100% here. Absolutely shameful they way they put him on the spot like that tried to make themselves look good.

LionDen
04-23-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm sure they will try to paint this in a light that is more generous to their station, but this was an attack on Downey Jr. and they should be shamed for it. This was a promotion deal and this reporter tried to embarrass and drag Downey Jr. through the mud to try and make a name for himself. They were lucky to even land a interview with him. I wouldn't be surprised that they try and say Robert Downey Jr. was being unprofessional by walking out, but they were in the wrong 100% here. Absolutely shameful they way they put him on the spot like that tried to make themselves look good.

Robert was quite professional though and did not lose his temper, though he looked like he was close lol. You are right, the interviewer was wrong to go down that path and it did seem like he was using the movie angle to even bring it up.