PDA

View Full Version : Are the WWE taking the cena & Eddie angle to far?

LionDen
02-11-2006, 09:38 AM
With the WE now seeming to use Eddie Guerreros memory in a storyline with Rey Mysterio, do you think they are carrying things to far. Are they using the memory of Eddie ina bad way or is it good that they are using this angle to keep Eddies memory alive?

My opinion is that they just don't need it, there is no need for it, I am not sure if they did but I hope they did ask the families permission to do this out of respect.

Reinheimer
02-11-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't really know what to think of it. I think that it's good that Rey dedicated his Rumble performance to Eddie Guerrero. I believe that it was more then just a storyline to Rey. Rey and Eddie were really good friends. But he is bringing that out everyweek. And it is becoming part of this storyline. I think that they are just doing it to get Orton over as a heel more. I'm not too sure if others have noticed, but Randy has been getting alot of the 'wrong' fan reaction lately. And I think that it's killing him. We know he's no good as a face. Being a heel is what he does best, and I guess its just another situation of "Doing whatever it takes". By what we have heard I really believe that they are going to put Rey over at No Way Out and Wrestlemania. If they don't then yes, they are taking it too far. After mania they should drop it all. Just to be safe.

dannydans
02-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Eddie Storylines ='s Cheap Heat/Pops

ronnel619
02-14-2006, 07:44 PM
I think thier carrying things to far

cookie_dough_619
02-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Rey didnt need the pops & Randy didnt need the heat. Both were way over in their respective fields. Rey wearing the armbands & t-shirt is fine, but the constant mentions should stop. Eddie will never be forgotten, but there is a line that can be crossed....

Ironicicon1
02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I have to agree. It's being used for cheap pops and heat at this point. In the beginning, it was fine, but it's being done every single week and it does get a bit tedious.

King Venomation - X
02-15-2006, 01:05 AM
They did ask the families permission. They made sure they were okay with it before proceeding and they more or less seemed fine. Chavo Jr. however doesn't like the idea at all and has said so in recent interviews. They are honouring Eddie name though in the WWE 2006 Hall Of Fame Ceremony though, So I belive that they will run the current Rey storyline up to that with either Rey, Dean or Chris inducting the late 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero. This is just a way to keep Eddie's legacy alive and I personally the WWE mean no respect and I am sure they will leave Eddie to Rest In Peace after WrestleMania 22. On a side note, Eddie's profile is still on the current SmackDown roster page and I believe WWE is just trying to hype up Eddie's Hall Of Fame honour and to let the WWE fans have one last chance to say goodbye to the great Eduardo Gory Guerrero Llanes (aka Eddie 'Latino Heat' Guerrero)

.::Lash Kash::.
02-15-2006, 02:48 AM
I Posted Somthing Like This On Pws And They Closed It Wtf!

Anyway I Realy Think That They Are Careing This Way Beond Its Needs.
Its Like What Mick Foley Said In His Column On Wwe.com "what Eddie Would Have Wanted And What We Gave Him The Last Few Weeks On Smackdown Are Two Diffrent Things.

GPrime
02-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Ummm, what does Cena have to do with any of this? He's in the thread title.
And yes, they should just leave it alone now.