PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Arcade Boss Speaks About Sony And Nintendo

Dark Drakan
02-11-2006, 07:51 PM
"IF SONY IS TRYING TO COME AT US... GOOD LUCK"

MS's Xbox Live Arcade boss Greg Canessa doesn't hold back on Sony's online prospects - also has a bit in reserve for Nintendo too

Although they're not really supposed to be direct rivals in the online realms of the next generation, Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade group manager, Greg Canessa, has handed out a light dissing to Nintendo late in the day on this Friday afternoon.

Speaking to our sister site Next-Gen.biz, Canessa said that he thought Nintendo's online service for Revolution "is interesting in sort of a 'retro' way, but I view Arcade as being so much more than what they're planning on doing."

Canessa also said he thought Live's Arcade service would be superior to whatever Nintendo had to offer, opining, "We're taking a much larger view of this space than Nintendo. Arcade is really about small downloadable games of all types. Look at Geometry Wars; it's our Halo." Clearly unimpressed by Nintendo's vision for the retro service, Canessa also added: "When I look at Nintendo Revolution's retro story, with all due respect to Nintendo, I think it's a small subset of the opportunity here."

SOURCE - CVG