PDA

View Full Version : Can Gregory Helms and Kid Kash save the Cruiserweight Division?

Reinheimer
02-16-2006, 05:23 AM
For months now there has been complaining over the Cruiserweight Division not being as 'good' as it should be. Basically ever since TNA got their Spike TV deal and their 'X Division' wrestlers got to show people some good high risk wrestling. Now back in 2005 it was quite a stale year for the Cruiserweight Division. Just by looking at the guys they were having as their champions it was obvious. Juventud (backstage problems), Paul London (couldn't make enough impact), and Nunzio (jobbing on Velocity). They were the three main guys who were trying to push the Cruiserweight Division. But the problem was, none of them could make the impact, to carry the division. They all had their faults which let them down big time on air. Keep in mind this is the WWE where entertainment is just as important as wrestling itself. So nothing was actually happenning which was working out right....

That is until late 2005 when former ECW wrestler Kid Kash made his debut on Smackdown. In something which is normally rare to see by a Cruiserweight. Kash was actually challanging Juventud for the title. Making it clear that he wanted the belt, by making an impact. Something even Juvi couldn't do right himself. So now we had Kid Kash here. And the title started being more recognized. Kash was doing a great job getting heat from the fans. But still, what can you do with only one guy? You need two people in wrestling to make something good. Which you could say was a problem at the time.

Now, the thing which I believe has completed the whole Cruiserweight Division for now has happenned. Gregory Helms. Former Cruiserweight Champion in his own right has made one of the biggest impacts by a CW in years. He came in and took the belt, unexpectedly. But the thing about Helms which makes him so different. Is that he's got everything. The charisma, the wrestling ability, mic skills, cockyness, etc. He's really the whole package. Something which we haven't seen since possibly Chavo Guerrero in 2005.

Now the question is simple. Can Gregory Helms, along with Kid Kash save the Cruiserweight Division from this recent 'slump' which has happenned? I think that it is very possible. With both of those two as the top guys in the division anything could happen. They are already got good crowd interaction. And this is something really really new. Like anything else in life, time will tell what happens. And by saying that, I think this would be a very worth while move for the WWE to do.

dannydans
02-16-2006, 05:40 AM
I think Wwe needs to give the CW more room to wrestle London Spanky Kash Helms and the Mexicools are a great roster for the title but they need to give them the room to wrestle and make that impact London is incredible and I've seen him and spanky live at a ROH event and wow they dont do half of that stuff in Wwe b/c they arent aloud

I say give them the room to wrestle and give the champ a little push make some medium level storylines for them they dont have to be thrown up to Cena and Angle status but give them something and the ability to do their style and i think it would save the title and make things look good for them Wwe really needs to focus on that title and the tag belts on both shows b/c those two divisions more so tag are down hill

†† Reaper ††
02-18-2006, 09:05 AM
I dont think Helms and Kash can do it i really dont. i thin kit should some how become vacated and a tournament is held to crown the champ at mania but to do this tournament with any success they will have to include Kidman, Juvi (had great matches in WCW) Psychosis, Kash, Helms, Matt Hardy, Rey ( Have him lose the title shot to Orton), and London and it will go like this

Rey vs. Helms - Rey win
Kidman vs. London - Kidman win
Hardy vs. Juvi - Juvi win
Kash vs. Psychosis - Psychosis win then

Rey vs. Juvi - Rey win
Kidman vs. Psychosis - Kidman win setting up a Rey vs. Kidman match at WM22 for the title

But first Juvi and Kidman would have to be brought back. This would be my plan to lift the division but i dont think it'll be WWE's

Kaz
02-18-2006, 12:37 PM
I think they have the potential... The cruiserweight division is full of great wrestlers... Its just is WWE going to use them to their potential.

Dmac
02-20-2006, 12:05 PM
I beleive that Gregory Helms and Kid Kash both have the pottetial to save the the cruiserwiehgt division, I also beleive that they should let Chavo Guererro make the jump to smackdown to go back for the cruiserwirght title. In my opinion i beleive that Kid Kash is to good for the cruiserweight division, when i first heard that he was coming to the wwe, I expected at least wwe to push him into US Title or Intercontinetal Title rankings, I know that back in tna he was going for the X-Division Title which most people beleive is the same class as the Cruiserweight Title, however I do not think this at all. In the wwe the Cruiserweight Title is fot those who are light enough to challenge for it and on the other hand the X-Division Title has no limitations what so ever, showing by the champ they have now obviously in Samoa Joe. Gregory Helms, well I have allways rated him as tallented, and now he is back to regualr Gregory Helms again and the Hurricane gimmick has finally been given the boot, that the crowd will start to take him seriously as a very tallented young athlete, back when he was the Hurricane, people would just laugh at him all the time at what he was wearing and how he would speak immitating a super hero voice, and I am not saying that rosey is a bad wrestler, but tagging with him for a while did not help at all, as there style really just clashed and bassically they just looked stupid together, but now as I said he should get the respect that he deserves from the fans, as he now has no silly gimmicks, its jsut plain Gregory Helms, so that should answer your question, yes i beleive that them two can save the cruiserweight division.

cookie_dough_619
02-21-2006, 04:10 AM
The Cruiserweights should be one of the highlights of Smackdown (just like the X Division is with Impact), but they arent allowed to be. Restricting their moves does huge damage to the division.

Kash & Helms are great, but they just dont get much of a reaction from the crowd. Chavo NEEDS to be on Smackdown. It may only be cos he's Eddie's nephew, but he's waaaay over with the crowd. If he was to win/lose a few big matches, the crowd would get into it big time. I think...

Sap
02-22-2006, 06:28 PM
I don't think it ever needed to be saved. It was fine with London, Kendrick, Nunzio, Funaki, etc.

Jamie Noble needs some recognition, Helms and Kash are great additions though.

W-OLF
02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Its was a good division and they were good additions , but for any 2 people to save a division is a impossible task . I havent been watching much Smackdown however hiring Kash and bringing Helms to smackdown was one of the only things wwe has done right recently!

mrgriff_842
02-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't think they can do it alone, but it is a great start I would think.

akroma45
02-23-2006, 10:34 AM
I agree

The Hammer
02-23-2006, 04:06 PM
Definitly not alone. They are both good, but their are other people with better arsenal of moves i.e. Paul London, Kendick. Kash and Helms are prob the main guys though. They have better mic skills which makes for better storylines. In my opinion anyway.

Gary
02-24-2006, 10:50 PM
they shudd let kash do the moneymaker

hellboy
02-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Nooo It Is Long Gone And Over!!!