PDA

View Full Version : *The Official ECW One Night Stand 2 Discussion Thread!!*

King Venomation - X
02-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Discuss here anything that you think/that will happen at this years ECW PPV. Discuss everything from the superstars to the matches.

Also, the latest ECW PPV news will also be added in this thread so you can keep up with everything that is going on!

NOTE: Please do not make any other threads for now in this section regarding the ECW PPV, keep everything in here! Thank You.

Latest News: WWE Confirms ECW One Night Stand 2 Will Be Taking Place!

From WWE.com:

Saturday night at the RAW Live Event at the Nassau Coliseum, Tazz introduced Paul Heyman who delivered huge news regarding ECW.

According to Heyman, ECW will hold another One Night Stand. The event will originate from the “original scene of the crime” at Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom on Sunday, June 11, 2006.

Tickets for the event will go on sale Saturday, April 15 at 10 a.m.

If this year's ECW One Night Stand is anything like the original, you can expect to see some of the most extreme action ever.

And:

Partial Source: PWTorch.com

WWE will likely confirm the plans for a second ECW PPV this Monday on RAW, possibly with Tazz or Rob Van Dam. You can expect another 'WWE invasion' because Vince feels that will help PPV buys.

The company made a good amount off the PPV last year with a good buyrate and the fact that hardcore ECW fans were willing to pay above average ticket prices for a show that was not in a regular WWE arena.

There was talk that Paul Heyman had signed a short-term contract extension which was scheduled to end shortly. The short-term contract was only made while details of a long-term contract extension were being worked out. Heyman had control over the ECW show last year with Vince McMahon merely looking on.

This years show will take place on June 11th in New York City, N.Y. at the Hammerstein Ballroom. This is the same arena from last year. Tickets go on sale April 15.

Tommy Dreamer and Paul Heyman will be put in charge of contacting talent to appear on the show. Sabu is on again, off again with TNA so it is possible he'll appear. Names like Rhino, The Dudley Boyz, and Jerry Lynn will not be able to appear on the show due to contracts with TNA Wrestling. Tajiri, Sandman, and Terry Funk have all been contacted by WWE about appearing on the show. WWE also does not want any repeat of last year with 'Hardcore Homecoming' type shows. Those shows were produced by Shane Douglas who is currently in rehab for a pain killer addition.

cookie_dough_619
02-21-2006, 04:01 AM
No Rhino or Dudleys..?! That'll suck a bit, but Im still looking forward to the show. Last years was one of the best pay-per-views of the year, IMO.

Gary
02-24-2006, 10:33 PM
i hope sabu is in it and rvd and new jack!! and perry saturn

Mr Mando
02-26-2006, 11:31 AM
IT WILL B GREAT IF IT IS DONE THIS YEAR...............
RVD VS BENOIT
The Dudleys VS Sandman/Sabu
Super Crazy vs Psicosis vs Juventud
Rey vs Ultimo Dragon
Jericho vs Rhyno
Tajiri vs Lance Storm
BWO vs ???
Team WWE vs Team ECW
---------------------------------------------

.::Lash Kash::.
02-27-2006, 12:14 AM
it wont be the same without the dudlys or rhyno

yankeesman77
02-27-2006, 01:15 AM
yeah not having the dudleyz or rhyno will hurt but maybe the WWE can incorperate Raven, Tommy Dreamer because Raven and Dreamer were so much apart of ECW that it wouldnt be the same without them. But still this ppv wont have quite the same magnitisim that it had last year but still will be one of the best ppv's that the wwe has all year and this is the year that the WWE comes back into good graces. gets rid of the crack staff and goes back to what they did best and that was create the magnitisim that brought in the fans for "TheMatch of the Century".

Austinfan4Life
02-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Um.. RVD vs. Jerry Lynn would rock.. But I hope they follow threw with Benoit vs. Malenko Eddie Tribute Match.

classic
02-27-2006, 08:50 PM
i think it will be great show like 2005

JayR
03-02-2006, 02:17 AM
I'd like Benoit V Malenko Eddie Tribute Match
RVD V Sabu
Tajiri V Super Crazy
Rey V Psicosis V Juvi
Dreamer V Sandman V Funk

I think that would be a awsome show.

Finch420
03-10-2006, 03:27 AM
I don't think this show will be any good this year. Hopefully we get a Tanaka/Awesome rematch, with Tanaka taking the win this time. I've also been hoping that we see an Ian and Axl Rotten reunion tag match or something on those lines. Maybe against Balls and Spike in a special type of match. A New Jack fight with Mustafa for old times sake. Tommy and maybe Sandman have another classic battle. This year could go pretty well compared to last year. And the rumors of RVD Vs. Hunter for the world title at the show makes it even better.

the madscotsman
03-21-2006, 04:28 PM
It's an ECW only show so HHH couldn't wrestle it. I hope they do RVD vs Sabu one more time but I'd like to see that in the wwe. They should use Bam Bam bigelow

Finch420
03-21-2006, 04:55 PM
I know Hunter never wrestled in ECW, I'm just saying there's rumors RVD is going to win the MITB match at Mania and then challenge it infront of the ECW crowd to give him the home field advantage in the match.

the madscotsman
03-23-2006, 03:38 PM
It would be cool to see RVD as the champ but It'll never happen. Once he gets that belt he'll go back to being as popular as he was in ecw and HHH won't like it. but the homefeild advantage would be cool.

is arlovski STILL the champ?

MACKILLER
03-30-2006, 05:41 AM
NO SABU
NO DUDLEYS
NO RAVEN
The only cool thing would be a rematch of stevey vs sandman vs Funk,eddie tribute match, and if they have it rey vs psicosis vs super crazy with no god damn stupid mexicool gimmick, but everything else is not going to be as good as the first

LionDen
04-04-2006, 06:38 PM
NO SABU
NO DUDLEYS
NO RAVEN
The only cool thing would be a rematch of stevey vs sandman vs Funk,eddie tribute match, and if they have it rey vs psicosis vs super crazy with no god damn stupid mexicool gimmick, but everything else is not going to be as good as the first

rey vs psicosis vs super crazy

There is a match i could really enjoy seeing. It will be a shame to miss The Dudleys and what not going but there are many others that could turn up but some classic stars will be missed. Although this is still my reasoning that the WWE will make it not just an ECW night.

I honestly do not believe Vince will ever let it be an ECW Night without WWE superstars not involved with ECW being there. Time will tell I guess.

classic
04-06-2006, 06:30 PM
i hope it will be good show as last year

Finch420
04-08-2006, 04:40 AM
Read that Foley and Funk have signed contracts to work the show.

For me that's going to be a mixture between great and well, not good at all. I love Funk and Foley, but Foley should've just ridden off into the sunset after the incredible Mania match with Edge. And Funk, if the Funker would be coming out of retirement that'd be different, but the Funker is old, plain and simple. He doesn't have much in him, but we could see one hell of a match at ONS II with Funk and someone, I'd assume Stevie Richards.

LG
04-19-2006, 08:00 PM
newest news i found

WWE Releases ECW One Night Stand II Poster

WWE has revealed the official PPV poster for the upcoming ECW One Night Stand II PPV.

The poster mainly features the current main event of RVD vs. HHH, stating “1 contract forces an outsider into the extreme.” The poster also features images of Sabu, Terry Funk, and Tommy Dreamer.

The ECW One Night Stand II PPV will be live on June 11 from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.

Red Punk Rock
05-03-2006, 04:29 AM
Cena should loose his title to RVD at ECW!

Matthinho
05-14-2006, 04:47 AM
I've heard that poster is fake.

JBL could beat Rey Mysterio at Judgement Day and then go on to defend the belt against RVD at One Night Stand. JBL was one of the lead crusaders last year so it would make sense, and RVD can cash in his contract to face any world champion.

I've also heard Dean Malenko Vs Chris Benoit Vs Rey Mysterio or just Malenko Vs Benoit is a possible Eddie tribute match for the show.

F4L
05-16-2006, 04:56 AM
You can officially pencil in Mick Foley & Edge versus Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer for the ECW One Night Stand PPV show. Other matches include John Cena (or possibly Triple H) defending the WWE title against Rob Van Dam, as well as the Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko tribute match for Eddie Guerrero.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com Newsletter

Assassin™
06-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Does anyone else see a contradiction in the title of this PPV?

First, it's called "One Night Stand" when that one night supposedly happened a year ago. Second, ECW is coming back full time to a weekly television show and will be having many more PPVs, so it really doesn't make a lot of sense calling this ECW's One Night Stand because, obviously, it isn't.

the madscotsman
06-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Fuck knows why the called it one night stand, they were supposed to call it another one night stand but, that wouldn't make sense either why didn't they just call it living dangerously or something? But hey ecw is coming back full time that's all I care about.

Ethan Hunt
06-11-2006, 06:16 AM
am lookin 4ward to Angle vs Orton. Both have a gr8 deal of chemistry. Hope they dont disappoint.