PDA

View Full Version : Destination X: Official Card & Discussion

Reinheimer
02-20-2006, 03:35 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e209/Reinheimer1/300.gif

On March 12, TNA Wrestling returns to PPV at 'Destination X'. Already Destination X is shaping up to be an epic PPV. For the first time we will see 'Captain Charisma' Christian Cage defend his newly won NWA World Championship against 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown. Will Cage show to the world that he's no mid card comedy act and that he is good enough to hold that Championship? Also we will see the Joe/Styles/Daniels saga continue. But this time the three will meet in an Ultimate X match! One of the most innovative matches TNA has to offer. Will this finally be the night we see Joe lose the X Division Championship? Anything can, and has happenned in Ultimate X. So already this is shaping up to be a great card. Definatly a PPV not to miss!

NWA World Championship
Christian Cage vs. Monty Brown
Against All Odds was the night. It was the night where 'Captain Charisma' Christian Cage finally fufilled his life long dream and captured the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. He can no longer be called a mid card wrestler, but instead a World Champion. Weeks leading up to the Against All Odds 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown made it clear that he wanted the winner of Jarrett vs. Cage. Now after months of losing his shot, Monty Brown will finally go for the NWA World Championship at Destination X. Both of these superstars have something to prove in this match. Will Christian Cage prove to the world that he is worthy enough to hold the NWA World Champion? And will Monty Brown show to the world that he is ready to be a Champion in TNA? These two have had history together. No doubt this will be a classic.

Ultimate X
X Division Championship
Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels
Since Unbreakeable last year the X Division has always been about three men. Those being Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, and Samoa Joe. Since then we have seen Joe vs. Daniels vs. Styles at Unbreakeable; Daniels vs. Styles Iron Man II at Bound For Glory; Joe vs. Styles at Turning Point; Daniels vs. Joe at Final Resolution; and Joe vs. Daniels vs. Styles II at Against All Odds. They have done it all and everymatch has had something different. But this time the three of them will in the match which returns to PPV, 'Ultimate X'. To settle all of their differences the three will meet in the most innovative match TNA has to offer. Who knows what can happen in Ultimate X. And will this be the night where Samoa Joe finally loses the title. Obviously he is at a disadvantage due to his size, but that hasn't stopped him before. So will this be the night where Samoa Joe finally drops the X Division Championship? Or will he prove again that he is the best wrestler in the X Division? Like I said, anything can happen in Ultimate X. This will be something to remember.

Eight Man War
Jeff Jarrett, America's Most Wanted, and Abyss vs. Rhino, Team 3D, and Ron Killings
In one of the largest matches on the Destination X card, Jarrett, AMW, and Abyss will take on Rhino, Team 3D, and Ron Killings in a huge eight man war. The biggest factor on this match is where Jeff Jarrett will be at. On iMpact Alex Shelley caught it all on tape. The wrestler known as Sting has stated that he will be at the Destination X PPV. Not as Sting, but as Steve Bordom. All of Jarrett's team will be somehow affected by this. Will Sting finally get some revenge on Jeff Jarrett? And how will the team of Jarrett, AMW, and Abyss react to this new news? All thats for sure now is that this is going go be one match you don't want to miss.

The James Gang & Bob Armstrong vs. The Latan American Exchange
Since the start of 2006 there have been problems between The James Gang and LAX. First off it was just Konnan attacking BG James and Kip James. But things started to get even more personal once Konnan's new group 'LAX' attacked and injured 'The Bullet' Bob Armstrong. Due to this a match was made at Against All Odds between LAX and The James Gang. The James Gang were able to defeat LAX (Homicide & Machete) but were attacked by Konnan afterwards. Then in an odd event. Bob Armstrong came into the ring during the beatdown and stared down Konnan. When it looked like 'The Bullet' was in a tough spot, Konnan just walked out of the ring. Now after the actions which took place, the match has now been announced. At Destination X it will be LAX (Konnan, Machete, and Homicide) vs. The James Gang (Kip James and BG James) & Bob Armstrong. Will LAX get some revenge overe The James Gang for beating them at Against All Odds? And how will sixty six year old Bob Armstrong go? Will he be able to handle it or will this be a mistake?

Matt Bentley vs. Lance Hoyt
Last week on Xplosion after Bentley & Hoyt successfully defeated the team of Roderick Strong & John Bolen, Bentley showed a new side of himself by busting open Lance Hoyt. Now the match has been signed and the 'Ticked Off Texan' will face Matt Bentley at the Destination X PPV.

------------------------------------------

Pre Show Matches

The Prince of Punk vs. Cassidy Riley

The Diamonds In The Rough (w/ manager Simon Diamond) vs. Shark Boy and Norman Smiley

------------------------------------------

More Matches Announced Soon

Please feel free to discuss the card. You may make other threads about the PPV. Any predictions and comments are encouraged :)

Sap
02-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Looks good on paper, I won't get it because I just got No Way Out, but Ultimate X should be cool, with Joe, AJ, and Daniels.

8 man war will be interesting, and Cage will walk out champion, but I expect a good match.

crazy
02-20-2006, 11:52 PM
The Ultimate X match alone is worth the PPV.

Austinfan4Life
02-22-2006, 07:20 AM
Very sweet first two matches so far.. It will be another great TNA PPV.. I can only imagine what Joe will do in this one.

sypher
02-26-2006, 01:11 AM
I think that Daniels just might win this Ultimate X. and i think that because of the finish at AAO where daniels was saying "this is not over and i did not die" at the end of the match. Another reason is that last year he one the X title in an Ux match at the very same ppv destination x and went to hold the X title for 6 months. This just might be where samoa joe steps aside and joins the heavyweight division. should make for a very interesting match.

Reinheimer
02-26-2006, 02:00 AM
The two Destination X threads have now been merged. I'm sure Lion said that I could. Hope so anyway. PPV is shaping up to be good. There has also been talk about an international match taking place. SHould be interesting concidering that big team match is coming up. Jay Lethal looks to be a good candidate to be in it. We'll have to wait and see...

Mr Mando
02-26-2006, 01:41 PM
thanks u///

K_net
02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
card looks good thus far

Reinheimer
03-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Update
- Pre Show Matches have now been added.
- Eight Man War & Matt Bentley vs. Lance Hoyt has been added.

Under two days to go now. Remember to comment on the card. I will make a final update on Saturday night (NZ time). If you don't want to be spoiled then I wouldn't come on till you have watched iMpact as spoilers are likely to be posted. Thanks.