PDA

View Full Version : TNA PPV Buyrates Revealed, More From iMPACT

OMEN
01-04-2006, 03:13 PM
TNA got positive news for the Turning Point buyrate, with early estimates coming in at a solid 35,000 purchases. That number is in line with the estimate for TNA's flagship Bound For Glory PPV and more than double the 15,000 figure registered by Genesis.

-- The following notes from the iMPACT tapings contain spoilers.

*Fans present at the taping did not show great enthusiasm for the crowning of AJ Styles as Mr. TNA. According to correspondents, there were loud "Joe got screwed" chants echoing through the building. Styles was said to be visibly unhappy with the crowd's reaction.

*TNA has apparently taken a page from Ring Of Honor's book in forming a faction with Alex Shelley, Austin Aries and Roderick Strong. The group worked a six-man tag match against AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Chris Sabin on the first episode taped.

Partial Source: WrestlingObserver

This is great news for TNA that their PPV's are achieving great buyrates and managing to sell to 35,000 hopefully is showing that they are continuing to attract more fans scince their swith to Spike.
The six man tag match sounds good especially with the quality of those involved in the match.

Flair Country
01-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah I agree that six man tag match sounds like a classic. AJ deserves to be Mr. TNA, I'm sure Joe will get it next year if he's still around though.

Straight Edge
01-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Great news for TNA, hopefully they can encourage more and more people to buy their PPV's, because TNA's PPV's are seriously a whole load better than WWE's are at the moment and there's better wrestling on the TNA PPV's as well.

I heard about the fans chanting "Joe got screwed" chants during AJ's presentation, I personally voted for Samoa Joe for TNA's MVP for 2005 even though I am a huge AJ Styles mark... I wouldn't be suprised if TNA did actually rig the votes so AJ could win again, but I definately think Joe should've gotten the award.

As for Aries, Shelley and Strong, it's a good move by TNA, all 3 were apart of a faction in ROH called Generation Next, and Shelley got kicked out by Aries, Strong and Jack Evans (who isn't in TNA yet) so having them as heels is a good move by TNA, as it gives them more exposure