PDA

View Full Version : Texas Beats USC In An Instant Classic

Voodoo
01-05-2006, 06:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=260040030

This was one of the best games I've ever watched, not so much in the first half, it was really sloppy starting out but both teams lit up the field in the 2nd half and made plays left and right. Congrats to Texas. I picked USC, bums.

Flair Country
01-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Man what an awesome national championship game. It definitely lived up to the hype and Vince Young did a great job with those Longhorns. The only other bowl game that I liked better this year was FSU vs. Penn State, now that was an amazing game!

Voodoo
01-05-2006, 06:46 AM
I thought this game was 10 times better than that shitfest last night. This game didnt have mistakes when it mattered like last nights game. Just because it went into 3 OTs doesnt make it a better game, I laughed at that game last night because it was just plain bad football tonight on the other hand was great football. People made plays when the game was on the line and they didnt rely on kickers to decide the game and that's the way a great game should be.

Flair Country
01-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Yeah the kickers did a piss poor job, but other than that I thought it was a pretty balanced game. That, and I went to high school with the QB from Penn State, so I might be a little biased. Mike Robinson is my boy!

Teenwolf
01-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Hells ya TEXAS is National Champs. I try'd telling you voodoo. It's cool though.

yankeesman77
01-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I knew this all along. Texas was a better team than pretty boy Matt Lienhart and Reggie "No" Bush. USC has never played a defense the caliber of Texases. and once again Pete Carrol fails to get my vote of respect. With last night's performance by Vince Young he definitley elevated his stock but sadly the texans are probbaly gonna pick bush when they already have a decent half back in Dominack Davis. What the Texans need to focus on is there offensive Line or defense cause David Carr is a good quarter back he just needs protection. Congrats to Texas, 2 years in a row theyve been to the rosebowl and theyve won it. As the Under Dog wins again.

Appels
01-05-2006, 05:16 PM
This gamer was absolutely incredible. Reggie Bush didnt look good at all, as neither did Matt Leinart. Vince Young looked amazing. When it came down to making big plays he made them. Those runs near the end for TD's. wow. What an excellent game.

Baby P
01-05-2006, 05:56 PM
it was a sure game for texas because vince young can throw and run matt leinhart can only throw and reggie bush can only run

Voodoo
01-05-2006, 11:55 PM
I knew this all along. Texas was a better team than pretty boy Matt Lienhart and Reggie "No" Bush. USC has never played a defense the caliber of Texases. and once again Pete Carrol fails to get my vote of respect. With last night's performance by Vince Young he definitley elevated his stock but sadly the texans are probbaly gonna pick bush when they already have a decent half back in Dominack Davis. What the Texans need to focus on is there offensive Line or defense cause David Carr is a good quarter back he just needs protection. Congrats to Texas, 2 years in a row theyve been to the rosebowl and theyve won it. As the Under Dog wins again.

Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! Did you watch the game last night? Vince Young beat USC, anybody who watched it saw that USC is the better TEAM but Vince Young played absolutely out of his mind. Oh and last time I checked that Texas defense you spoke so highly of only stopped the Trojans once in the 2nd half. Yeah so stop talking out of your ass USC is the better team but Vince Young was a one man wrecking crew.

Flair Country
01-06-2006, 12:01 AM
No doubt Texas rode Vince Young to the National Championship. I thought that USC were going to do the same thing with Reggie Bush, but it seemed like after he fumbled the ball early in the game, he didn't really play his usual caliber of football.

phoenixsplash
01-06-2006, 12:55 AM
i knew texas could pull it off...rit voodoo? :P JPJPJPJP

Voodoo
01-06-2006, 01:11 AM
i knew texas could pull it off...rit voodoo? :P JPJPJPJP

yeah yeah you were right, you had a lot of faith..

phoenixsplash
01-06-2006, 01:27 AM
^^ i have to, i live in seattle :-S

Baby P
01-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! Did you watch the game last night? Vince Young beat USC, anybody who watched it saw that USC is the better TEAM but Vince Young played absolutely out of his mind. Oh and last time I checked that Texas defense you spoke so highly of only stopped the Trojans once in the 2nd half. Yeah so stop talking out of your ass USC is the better team but Vince Young was a one man wrecking crew.

Vince Young beat USC all by hiself in the first half he single handedly had more total yards than USC. to me thats puts him in a category that none else can join