PDA

View Full Version : More On TNA's New Timeslot & Why It's Not All That Bad

OMEN
03-16-2006, 01:17 AM
As reported yesterday, SpikeTV has decided to move TNA Impact to Thursdays at 11PM ET, not 9PM ET, starting 4/13. TNA initially reacted to the news negatively since they had their hearts set on a "prime time" slot. However, those in the know at TNA and SpikeTV feel that the show has a better chance of success in the short term and long term with the 11PM ET timeslot.

Spike made the decision largely because "CSI," set to be Impact's lead in initially, does not have a similar demographic as Impact and would thus force Impact to draw in its entire audience without any sort of lead in. UFC's demographic is almost identical to TNA's demographic and will provide Impact with a strong lead in in addition to the audience TNA brings in. Spike views TNA as a young show which does not have a defined audience and thus feels more comfortable giving the show a good lead in. Spike's new show, "Pros vs. Joes," drew a 1.3 rating (higher than any episode of Impact) for its debut episode largely due to the lead in it got from a UFC show. "The Ultimate Fighter" will air before Impact at 10PM ET and is expected to draw a rating between 1.5 and 2.0.

The other silver lining for TNA is that "The Ultimate Fighter" is a reality show that will air for 12 weeks. If Impact performs well at 11PM ET, Spike could move the show up to 10PM ET once "The Ultimate Fighter" ends and even give TNA the second hour they need and have the show run from 10PM ET to midnightET.

Partial Source: The Torch

Straight Edge
03-17-2006, 02:48 AM
I think the time's a rather stupid one to be honest, would've been good for TNA if they had moved to Primetime, but that won't happen now. TNA also needs 2 hours for impact

Flair Country
03-17-2006, 04:39 AM
So are we absolutely sure that the timeslot is changing? On tnawrestling.com it still has the headline: "Impact moves to Thursday nights at 9pm starting April 13th"

The Crippler
03-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Well sad to say but I won't be watching Impact on Thursdays. I hope the replay of Impact is going to be on Saturdays now so I can have a chance to watch it.

W-OLF
03-17-2006, 10:48 PM
PVR is a wonderful thing Ill get it whenever its on .