PDA

View Full Version : MMA: Shamrock-Gracie is on...but its not who you think it is

Just KC
12-17-2006, 12:47 AM
A couple other quick notes from the EXC press conference held today to announce Frank Shamrock vs. Renzo Gracie for February 10, 2006. Click here to read our original report with the initial notes from the press conference.

-Mario Lopez will be Bill Goldberg's announcing partner. He is an actor who played on Saved by the Bell, The View, Extra, and Dancing with the Stars.

-The prelim fights for each event will be available via live internet stream for free before the event starts on television.

-The event will be broadcast via Showtime. You can watch it on the regular Showtime channel. If you're not subscribed, the event will be available via individual pay-per view purchase.
_________________________ _________________________ _______________

hmm i wonder if there is any relation to Ken and Royce should be a good fight

Will
12-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Renzo is Royces cousin and Frank is Kens little Brother. Frank may be the greatest middleweight fighter ever, while Renzo is an average fighter that has made a living off of his name alone. Renzo has lost 6 of his last 8 fights, while shamrock has won his last 10 fights going all the way back to January 1997. I expect Frank to win this fight easily.

Bajingo
12-20-2006, 02:12 AM
Frank is a great fighter, but I have always felt like he was just coasting and never really fought guys that would be a real challenge for him. This fight shouldnt be any different.

Will
12-21-2006, 05:09 AM
Frank is a great fighter, but I have always felt like he was just coasting and never really fought guys that would be a real challenge for him. This fight shouldnt be any different.

Thats true to an extent, but he has had some strong challenges against guys like Bas Rutten, Jeremy horn and Tito Ortiz. He is just to the point in his career where he doesn't have to prove anything, so he is taking easier fights.