PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Jim Lampley Arrested For Domestic Violence

Will
01-05-2007, 06:32 AM
The following is from the website of the San Diego NBC affiliate:

SAN DIEGO -- NBC 7/39 has obtained a copy of a restraining order filed against sportscaster Jim Lampley, who was arrested Wednesday on domestic violence allegations.

The court order details an alleged attack that took place on New Year's Day, and in it, the alleged victim in this case said she is "terrified" Lampley will harm her unless he is restrained.

She also says that she has been attacked twice by Lampley.

The judge who presided over the hearing in the Vista courthouse extended the restraining order for another week.

Lampley's arrest was not tied to Thursday's hearing, reported NBC 7/39. He was not in court for Thursday's hearing.

The woman alleged in the original restraining order filed on New Year's Day that Lampley has a "history of violence."

The document details an alleged attack earlier that morning. She states in the document that "Jim seldom drinks, but this evening he was drinking vodka and whiskey, and became drunk. He was also high on pot."

In the court document, she goes on to detail an alleged attack: "He grabbed me and threw me against a wall. He threw me against another wall. He then threw me against the door, and I collapsed."

The alleged victim also said in the report that what took place on New Year's was not an isolated incident. She alleges that two months ago, Lampley "threw me down in a New York City restaurant (observed by people at the restaurant), resulting in serious bruises for two weeks."

After that alleged incident, the woman said that Lampley agreed to counseling.

Sheriff's investigators said Thursday that they should finish their investigation by next week. None of the attorneys involved would comment about the case.

Lampley's broadcasting career began in 1974 when ABC hired him as one of the first two sideline reporters on its college football telecasts. He later worked for CBS and NBC, and, more recently, as a boxing commentator for HBO.

Lampley also worked as a local TV sports reporter in Los Angeles and was once married to former NBC 7/39 newscaster Bree Walker.

Lampley is free on $35,000 bail.