PDA

View Full Version : THQ to make UFC video games

Will
01-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Variety reports that THQ has entered an agreement with the UFC to make UFC video games. The deal is for five years and will expire in 2011.
The first UFC game by THQ is already in the works. The game will likely be out late 2007 or early 2008.

The untitled UFC video game will not be THQ's first involvement in mixed martial arts. In 2003, THQ and Anchor developed PRIDE FC for the Playstation 2.

Source: MMAFighting.com

Its always seems good when a company expands into new markets like this, but i cant help but wonder if the UFC is oversaturating the market.They already have multiple weekly shows on Spike, the new deal with Showtime, the reality series, fight night lives,ppvs and now video games. It seems like it may be getting to big.

brooklynbrawler
01-17-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't know. I think they probably need to ride the momentum they have as long as they can. And I know that it's about time they came out with a new game. The last UFC game wasn't very good. The Pride game done by THQ was much better and very similar to WWE games. I think it will sell. I know I'll end up buying it.
They might be creating a bubble that is bound to pop with all of this growth. But then again they might not. It will certainly have to level off at some point, but hopefully it's not to that point yet.