PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather Sr. Demands Two Million Dollars To Betray Son

Will
01-18-2007, 10:59 PM
LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Floyd Mayweather Sr. has asked for two million dollars to train Oscar De La Hoya for his May 5 WBC light-middleweight championship bout in Las Vegas against his son, according to boxing website secondsout.com.

Mayweather Sr. has long said he would never train De La Hoya to fight his son but now it seems that money will talk - as long as De La Hoya offers enough of it.

"I'm not interested in no 500,000 dollars offer and I'm not into no 500,000 with (a bonus) 500,000 for when Oscar gets the victory.

"I asked for two million dollars because that's what it will take for me to do this thing and 500,000 plus another 500,000 is just one million. I said two million and I meant two million.

"If they offer me one million for the camp and through the fight and then another one million when we get this thing accomplished then that'll be another matter. That would be different."

Mayweather Sr. has been working with De La Hoya since 2001 and had always claimed he would not train anyone to fight his son, but his relationship with Mayweather Jr., who he used to train, is frosty.

Mayweather Jr., known as Pretty Boy Floyd, fired his dad eight years ago and has been working with his uncle Roger Mayweather since then.

Mayweather Jr. said: "I've not spoken to my son for five, six years really. I've been by the house a few times but ... we don't talk. But he's my son and I will only do this for a lot of money."

Most boxing commentators believe that Mayweather Jr., considered the best pound for pound fighter in the world, will have too many skills for De La Hoya, whose own stature has fallen following defeats to Bernard 'The Executioner' Hopkins, 'Sugar' Shane Mosley (twice) and Felix 'Tito' Trinidad.

And at 33 years old, De Lay Hoya (38 wins and four defeats) is four years older than Mayweather Jr. (37 wins).

But Mayweather Jr. believes he has spotted a weaknesses in his son.

"Oscar can win, will win, but only with me with him," the trainer said.

"It sounds a (simple) plan but only I can teach Oscar how to do it. It is this - Little Floyd doesn't have twelve full rounds in his hands.

"His fists hurt too bad if he throws too much. He can't use his hands for three minutes a round without them swelling up.

"So, Oscar has got to put pressure on him so that Little Floyd has to use his hands too much so they bust up. Then Oscar has to go close the show.

"It sounds easy, but Oscar has to make Floyd throw and then block those shots at the same time as getting through himself. Only I can get Oscar to do all that. Without me Oscar don't have no plan to really win this thing."

I don't really understand how Floyd Sr. thinks that De La Hoya is going to be willing to pay him 2 million dollars just to tell him what the best way is to let Jr. hit him alot until his hands swell up.

Bajingo
01-21-2007, 10:07 AM
2 million is crazy, for 200$ i will do the same things and personally call Oscar and tell him to stand still and pretend to be a human punching bag until mayweathers hands explode.

Bazzafergie
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
$2m that is crazy. Probably not much to De La Hoya but still. Hopefull he'll tell him where to go.