PDA

View Full Version : New Champion at NYR?

King Venomation - X
01-07-2006, 09:00 PM
This one is going to be very hard to tell but I have been noticing WWE pushing someone a lot lately and with his new movie coming out soon maybe WWE want to make use of this. Now this is not a spoiler but I have been noticing a lot of signs that maybe WWE will crown an unsuspected champion at NYR that I wouldn't have expected until watching a few of the past weeks RAW's. Now this is just my Opinion but bare with me here. WWE has been pushing Kane a lot lately. WWE are pushing his new movie See No Evil a lot on RAW and WWE.Com with Kane even getting his own section on the front page but the final thing that has gave me a clue is that WWE for the first time has placed a superstar that is NOT WWE or World HeavyWeight Champion at the top of the Power 25 ranking. Kane is this week's number 1. He has been on a MAJOR role recently, beating both Heart Throbs in 23 seconds, Beating Triple H (I know he had a bit of help from Big Show but none the less he still picked up the win) and most recently beating Shawn Micheals and desimated half the people in the Elimination Chamber on RAW this past week. Now, I am starting to wonder IF the WWE would give Kane the strap and from the signs I have noted it may be possible that Kane may walk away as the surprising new WWE Champion at NYR. Now most people will probably disagree but I think this may be a MAJOR possibility and I would acctually like to see it. It would be a change from Cena being champ even though I have nothing against him and IMO I think Kane does deserve it. Anyway enough rambling on, what are your thoughts?

OMEN
01-07-2006, 09:09 PM
I would love to see Kane as the next wwe 'Heavyweight Champion'but i cannot see it happening as the wwe has screwed Kane over many times for
his chance to be the champion and it is known throughout the wwe that Cena is one of Vince's favorites.Despite his lack of talent in the ring Vince has stuck with him as the wwe champion and i doubt that he will change this close in wwe terms to Wrestlemania.

King Venomation - X
01-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Well apparently the Boo's and Jeer's from the crowd are starting to get to Cena. So maybe the WWE will take the strap off him sooner than expected and turn him heel. With Kane as champion that could be a good option. Cena could turn on Kane and they could build up a really good fued between thr two for WrestleMania. IMO turning Cena heel would be better for Mania as a whole because I believe more people would buy Mania if Cena WASEN'T Champion and they had a really good feud going that people acctually wanted to see and think it would be a good match. Either way it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night.

yankeesman77
01-07-2006, 10:08 PM
I would be so glad to see Kane or dont forget Kurt Angel as champion because it's alot better to see a face chase a heel going for the title at wrestlemania. gives the people an under dog to root for. So I would be very happy if Kane or Kurt Angel won. and it would be alot more beneficial for the wwe to do that economically. and with the push kane has been getting I cant see Cena takeing on the Big Red Machine. And also Kane deserves that belt more than anybody competeing in that match maybe besides Angel.

Straight Edge
01-07-2006, 10:35 PM
It's possible... I could actually see the WWE putting the WWE Title on someone like Kane at New Year's Revolution, but with Kane as the WWE Champion would he be able to sell like Cena has since he won the title at Wrestlemania 21?

The answer would prolly be yes, lately tons of WWE fans have become bored of John Cena's WWE Title reign lately, and the fans have expressed their frustrations at Cena over the past few weeks, especially on Raw this past week when he got booed in his match with Kurt Angle.

And Kane is a former WWE Champion too, and he hasn't won the title for at least 4-5 years now, since he still had the mask on, so the reasoning for WWE to give Kane the title would be a good one, but I don't believe that WWE would give the title to Kane, Angle, HBK, Carlito or Masters at New Years Revolution, so John Cena IMO will still be WWE Champion after New Year's Revolution.