PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Wrestlemania 22

Dasdream™
04-03-2006, 05:27 PM
`WARNING: CONTAINS WM22 RESULTS`

This is not the worse PPV they have had but it may be one of the worse wrestlemanias in history. You can NOT have both Rey and Cena win, the fans were booing for Rey and LOUD boos for Cena. there was even a " Fuck you Cena" chant going and both matchs under 25 minutes. I also noticed that Bret Hart was not brought out during the presentation of the hall of Famers. As well as no Smackdown tag title defence or Cruiserweight championship on the line.

Big Show & Kane def. Carlito & Masters
as expected ........CRAP, we have seen Masters and Carlito get their asses handed to them on a silver plater for the past month or so by Show & Kane. If it wasn't for the WM 22 logo in the background I would have thought I was watching a reply of Raw, terrible, terrible match - 0/10

MITB Ladder match
Major props to Shelton Benjamin once again, not the best of RVD or Lashley or Hardy or Finley or Flair, a fast match that dissapointed in length, but acceptable in quality. 6/10

Torrie def. Candice
I was starting to wonder if this match was even going to happen, I figured for the match to be right before the main event something very exciting might happen and as usual nothing did. I'm not sure if the match was supposed to end that way as Candice quickly covered herself up after the match and Torrie with a look on her face as to say ' what happened?" Regardless the match was pretty pointless didn't involve Playboy or pillows for that matter. As much as I love the divas, whats the point on having a "pillow fight" match at Wrestlemania be exactly like the ones on Raw? 3/10

Rey Mysterio def. Kurt Angle & Randy Orton
I am still in shock on how Rey, Kurt and Ortons match only went 15 minutes or so, three of the best and such a short match? what, did the ref need to use the bathroom? I mean What the hell was that all about? Yes Rey did the West Coast Pop after many months, but still, match was fast paced and all but did not show what all 3 men are capable of doing. Which is really dissapointing. The match between Kurt Angle and Rey on Friday Night Smackdown was actually better then this match. Rey may love Eddie but he must be really happy that Eddie died or he would have NEVER of had that heavyweight title given to him by WWE 2/10

Undertaker def. Mark Henry
What can I say? I didn't even watch this match for the most part, clear to everybody Taker was going to win, pretty pointless match. Next year don't even bother having Taker wrestle, just mark it up 15-0, have them save their energy for something worth watching. 0/10

Edge def. Mick Foley /Cactus Jack
Lita looking great. Mick beeing what he is most famous for ......a stunt devil. Falling on the table, that was set on fire, is what saved that match from fans complaining. Pretty average hardcore match 5/10

Mickie def. Trish
I was suprised to hear the fans boo Trish. I don't know why, could have been because she didn't love Mickie and except a "lesbian" gimmick, where we could have seen them kiss passionatly, or the most realistic, that she has had the title for way to long. beside Mickie botching a move ( which is understandable as they aren't perfect ) the match was Wrestlemania worthy. 8/10

Shawn Micheals def. Vince McMahon
I actually liked this match, the old Heart Break Kid came out during that match by spitting in people faces and giving the DX sign, thats the HBK I miss and loved to watch and jumping off that huge ass ladder was awesome. Good moment for wrestlemania. 8/10 ( notice I said "moment" and not match? )

John Cena def. Triple H
I can't fucking believe this shit, like I said earlier there were chants of " Fuck you Cena" and "Cena sucks" plus all the boos he was recieving and Saturday Nights Hall of Fame on wwe.com and all the ppv's through out the year. What the hell do the fans have to do to make Vince realize that Cena needs to drop the title and for more then just a month ? and to make things even worse he wins by using the STF submission hold, WTF???? Is this WrestleMania or Monday Night Raw? The match was short,( no suprise considering Cena was in it ) it was a terrible ending. this must be the first Wrestlemania that I can remember where the fans did NOT go home happy. 0/10

All in all, Wrestlemania should no longer be $55 as that is way to much for one person to pay for, especially when the pay per view does not deliver or live up to the hype. We all know wrestling is scripted, which makes it even worse, they could have produced better results and better, longer matches. If it wasn't for the fans, brainwashed or not WWE would not be where they are now. We Buy tickets, CD's, DVD's download matches and themes, talk about WWE everyday spend $38 to $55 on pay per views and this is the thanks we get? 1 full year of crappy pay per views, WWE is alot like a few forums, it may look good and have big names, but the quality is not there and thats how WWE is, looks great, they have big names but the quality of WWE has died. I have not seen Smackdown in 3 months and now I am no longer ordering Wrestlemania or any PPV for that matter. As I could be spending my money on more valuable things then this crap. heh you know how far I could go with $55 at Spring break? lol. Anyway those are my thoughts. :)

Assassin™
04-03-2006, 07:22 PM
^ I agree with most of that. It really didn't have that "Grandaddy of them all" feel to it. I can't really call it a waste of money because I got it free, (I've got connections), but I definitely would be pissed if I had paid $55 for that. The show was more like a good episode of RAW than a flagship PPV. If that's the best that WWE can do right now, well, just look at my favorite wrestling icons.

daren
04-03-2006, 07:56 PM
knew it would suck so i didnt watse time or money on it.

Confederate
04-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I have mixed feelings on it. I didn't actually watch it, but I've downloaded some matches. I don't think it was as bad as people are saying, but I agree that it was far from wrestlemania quality.

bralller
04-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Kane and the big show vs chris masters 3/10
The money in the bank match 7/10
torrie vs candice 1/10
rey mysterio vs kurt angle vs randy orton 7/10
undertaker vs mark henry 5/5
edge vs mick foley 9/10
shawn michaels vs vince machmon ( dont know how to spell it) 78/10
triple H vs john cena 4/10
those are my ratings.

Dubbz4president
07-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I was at Wrestlemania and it really helped the excitement of being there! The atmasphere during the Cena match was amazing and being a huge HHH fan it was cool seeing him play towards the crowd. I was not disapointed at all and i felt spoiled for getting to go there in the first place