PDA

View Full Version : Triple H?

Sinnerman
04-11-2006, 03:53 AM
What is about Triple H that so many admire? I can understand that he has an aptitude for mike work but I just don't get what this guy has over better talented wrestlers?

I'm genuinely wishing to know because I find the guy impressive at everything BUT wrestling.

likatiga
04-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I tend to disagree with you there. I believe he is a great wrestler. He carries an aura with him that a lot of wrestlers don't have aside from say Angle, Flair and maybe Taker (I know there are a few others but these are all that come to mind at the moment). He has proven himself in the ring numerous times, most recently at Mania when he basically carried Cena through quite a good match. There is no doubt there are better techinical wrestlers around (Angle, Beniot) but HHH is almost the complete package.

hunter_spn
04-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Completely agree with ya ligatika.

HHH is the total package in WWE right now. He is technically sound as any wrestler has ever been in WWE. He can "MAKE OTHERS LOOK GOOD", and thats why we se him maineventing so often.

He carries nonwrestlers like Batista, Cena........and u can make out that the list is long; and he puts the best match on the show.

He has a will to win and is strongly focussed on what he got to do. He wants to be the best every night.

He is a ring general.......he can change the course of match all by himself.

Also....if you doubt HHH's wrestling abilities.......here's a list of matches 4 ya-
1. vs cactus jack......Royal Rumble 2000
2. vs Stone Cold.....No Way out 2001.
3. vs Chris Benoit......Survivor series 2000.
4. vs HBK vs Benoit Wm 20

Do watch HHH The Game DVD too. Its their in the media section.

Assassin™
04-11-2006, 07:23 PM
^I've seen all of those matches and they don't prove anything.

I just don't get what this guy has over better talented wrestlers?

What he has is a really good relationship with the McMahon family. There are dozens of wrestlers I would put in HHH's place, but the way he has been marketed over the past few years wouldn't allow for that. There others guys who have worked their buts off but never get a push due to HHH's occupation of the title scene.

Another thing that bothers me about HHH is the way he wins all of his big matches. Even back 10 years ago when he had the permed hair and went by Hunter Hearst Helmsley, he still always cheated to win. His entire WWE career consists of him winning matches with help from China, DX, Evolution, Ric Flair, or by use of a sledgehammer. Obviously wrestling is fake and the outcome of all the matches is predetermined, but winning the majority of his big matches this way just makes him look weak and pathetic.

Sinnerman
04-11-2006, 11:44 PM
I totally accept guys that he has had more than a few epic matches in his time. I wouldn't say that he is completely incapable of wrestling just that he has much weaker ability compared to quite a few others. Yes as stated above others have been at the top and weren't wrestlers but I have to agree with Assassin's comments on how much HHH seems to get away with it. I mean are we looking at HHH and thinking he is the total package or are we more realistically being forcefed an image of the McMahon's golden boy?

I have a lot of time for HHH. I think as a performer he is very good but a technical wrestler he isn't and possibly he has had way more coverage than guys like Bret Hart. Now the WWE wasn't like it is now during Bret's reign but I just get the feeling he is pushed far more than any other wrestler. Even now when he hasn't had a sniff of a title he is still getting held up as the best around. Why?

†† Reaper ††
04-12-2006, 04:56 AM
There others guys who have worked their buts off but never get a push due to HHH's occupation of the title scene.

I agree with this part perhaps someone like a beniot should be there but he's not for a few reason's i believe and one of them is mainly that he made his name in wcw and HHH, although he wrestled for wcw really made his name in wwe and has spent most of his career there so that firstly puts him higher up than beniot, but not only that the fact that he owns part of the wwe and is married to the bosses daughter has to help him to the top of the ladder. But personally i think that HHH is the best superstar on RAW at the moment and will add more to the company as champion than cena would. HHH is possibly the best heel ever but also has a fan base that admire him even though he is a heel and i am one of them because there's just something i dont know what it is but theres something about that i like him for

Reinheimer
04-12-2006, 08:29 AM
The thing which is so great about him is just the fact that he's Triple H. Well, that's not really the reason. If you think about it. Triple H is one of those people who you hate when he's been around for a long time. You want him back when he's off tv for abit. And you love him once he's returned. I personally arn't a huge fan of Triple H. I don't like the fact that the WWE always resort to bringing him back when they are going through a bad spell. But he does do wonders for the workers in WWE. He made Batista a HUGE star. He could have done more to help out with Randy Orton. But I really don't know what it is about him which gives him the high profile status. One year you don't want to see him (2003). Then two years later you love to see him (2005). It's just the way he is.

Joe
04-17-2006, 03:13 PM
He's Been around for a long time and has been in legendary matches.Hes the total package, hes good on the mic and can make any match goodand has put a lot of stars over. He was part of one of the greatest factions ever DX and was one of main parts behind the attitude era

nu_jersey_devil
04-18-2006, 04:50 AM
triple h is the greatest wrestler in our generation

ceribral assassin
04-20-2006, 12:38 AM
do you really want to know well here it is
10 time whwc
5 time wwe champ
1 time undisputed champ
2 time european champ
1 time wttc
2002 royal rumble winner
97 king of the ring
2nd grand slam champ
leader of the 2 biggest stables in wrestling history dx evolution
the pedigree
his abs mould around the whwt
hes bleed more than most men have pissed
oh yeah and he banged the bosses daughter and still has a job
thats why!!!!!!

Assassin™
04-20-2006, 08:02 PM
^All those numers mean is that he was booked to win a bunch of matches. How is that impressive? When it comes to WWE, most people care more about the outcome of the match than what happens during a match. IMO, HHH is pretty boring. He really doesn't deserve all this special treatment.

leader of the 2 biggest stables in wrestling history dx evolution

Have you ever heard of the NWO?

Dasdream™
04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
I am not his biggest fan, but after seeing batista, Big Show, Cena for sooo long I have come to realize that triple H is actualy pretty damn good, he has more moves in his arsenal then most wrestlers, he improvises well. He can go 10 to 45 minutes in the ring and I respect the guy for jobbing to 2 losers like Batista and Cena.

Mr Mando
04-21-2006, 11:15 AM
I Agree with u Assassin,
Triple H is nothing without Cheating.

King Venomation - X
04-21-2006, 11:25 AM
I will be glad when Triple H takes back the belt, Cena has been proven that he can't carry it yet and I think Triple H would make afar better champion. Plus there have been times when Triple H has won without cheating, but since is a heel he is bound to cheat, because all heels do it.

Metalring
04-21-2006, 01:16 PM
I cant believe its been a year since The Game held a major title.

ceribral assassin
04-22-2006, 01:10 AM
^All those numers mean is that he was booked to win a bunch of matches. How is that impressive? When it comes to WWE, most people care more about the outcome of the match than what happens during a match. IMO, HHH is pretty boring. He really doesn't deserve all this special treatment.

Have you ever heard of the NWO?
yeah i think i remember the nwo how many of those guys r still big names
in wrestling

Assassin™
04-26-2006, 07:25 PM
^How about Hulk Hogan, Rey Mysterio JR., Jeff Jarret, Sting, Scott Steiner, Booker T, or Shawn Michaels? Is that enough?

How many DX or Evolution members are still big names?

It doesn't matter how big those wrestlers are now anyway. It matters how much of an impact the individual stables made. The NWO made the biggest impact on pro wrestling.

Red Punk Rock
05-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I think HHH should not be champion anymore because he is already champ 10 times! WWE should give others a chance to be champian :D

hunter_spn
05-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Agreed that Triple H should not be given Championship anymore.......but considering the talent that prevails in WWE right now......HHH is hell better than these guys.

Cena is been repeteadly proven to be the most undeserving champion by WWE's fans! Cena is gettin booed even if he's a face.

HHH's has been fan faourite for his work ethic and is been many times cheered in a match even when he potrays a badass dickhead heel. Thats what the game is all about........and I am sure he will cross 16!

Good Luck and Bow Downs to the KING!

Joe
05-03-2006, 09:03 PM
HHH should be champ again, hes the best talent on RAW and look at the guys hes put over recently losing at 3 mania's in a row. He hasnt been champ 4 over a year and Cena has been champ 2 long.