PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Interview

Straight Edge
04-17-2006, 03:32 PM
He's won every belt in TNA history. He's been in the promotion since day one. And, now he's making a guest appearance on the Weekend Warriors of Wrestling!

This is one of the most candid interviews AJ has done in months! Just give it a listen!

Go to http://www.WrestlingEpicenter.com to listen to this great interview!

AJ STYLES INTERVIEW
(Interview Conducted by Patrick Kelley and James Walsh.)

We begin the interview with AJ talking about how big it is for him to be on TNA during primetime. They then go into how Dixie Carter said they'd get a better lead-in being on later at night.

After Patrick messes up the Christopher Daniels/Samoa Joe match, AJ tries to not spoil the Thursday iMPACT! results.

They also go into how two hours of "the competition" is more boring than one hour of iMPACT!

AJ looks forward to working with Scott Steiner, and learning what he's like in the ring.

AJ prefers the X-division style, as you have "guys who can do anything."

AJ breaks the spoilers and goes into how he's into the "WarGames" style "Lethal Lockdown" match on Sting's team. He then mentions now no other company could have pulled off last year's Lockdown PPV the way TNA did.

The TNA House Show in Detroit is the next topic, and AJ has nothing but praises for the show. He also hoping to do more shows traveling.

James goes into the "Cheers effect" of the "TNA Asylum" which AJ agrees with wholeheartedly.

AJ goes into how he hoped TNA could afford Sting at first, but admits that Sting has brought in the ratings and fans TNA needs now.

They get into a bit about Samoa Joe, whom AJ puts over as someone who can do anything. AJ also confesses that Samoa Joe had pinkeye during their "Ultimate X" match and gave it to Daniels and AJ!

AJ also puts over Joe as a complete professional and that his most of his kicks don't hurt as much as they look. "But don't get me wrong, some of them; Yeah, they do hurt!"

AJ would like to tell Batista, who called him a "spot monkey" in a earlier interview, that "I think it's funny that a guy who takes a bump and tears his back tells me that I don't know how to wrestle."

AJ is not interested in going to WWE. In fact, his biggest fear is having to go there!

TNA is getting money from AJ doing indy bookings, and they actually encourage him to make those shows!

According to AJ, the backstage atmosphere is as great as the other wrestlers imagine.

AJ thinks the future of TNA is to have a 2 hour timeslot that's head to head with WWE.

Traci Brooks, in another interview, said "all of the cancer that was in TNA has been cut out." AJ agrees with that statement, absolutely. "There are no Ultimate Warriors!"

AJ would like to see Jericho and Benoit in TNA.

When asked if TNA has found it's "niche" in the wrestling world, AJ says "I don't know. It's hard to have a niche in an hour!" He also says that one of James' co-hosts is a "hater," "in love with WWE" and "has to sit there, twiddling his thumbs, watching the show bored out of his mind!"

AJ admits he's terrible at Word associations!

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels: "One of the best in the business. No doubt."

Jeff Jarrett: "He's my boss."

Sting: "An Icon. Huge Icon in this business."

Abyss: "He IS a monster and the BEST big man in the business, without a shadow of a doubt."

Christian Cage: "He IS the NWA champion." AJ later says he considers Christian Cage a plus to TNA.

Kid Kash: "Jaime Knoble's partner."

Monty Brown: "The Pounce." He then puts over that move as being as impressive as the Canadian Destroyer.

Petey Williams: "The Canadian Destroyer. There's nothing like it, man."

AJ goes into how he's helping a company with a game called "Pro Wrestling X" as well as working on TNA's game for Midway with Samoa Joe. He also claims his favorite wrestling game is "Virtual Pro Wrestling 2" for the Nintendo 64. He also gives the "Day of Reckoning" series two thumbs down for having too much kick and punch.

The interview ends with AJ giving a promo for Weekend Warriors of Wrestling!

Credit: 1wrestling.com