-The show opened with Austin Aries coming to the ring and challenging Jimmy Jacobs to come out right now for the first match of their three match series, this one being an Anything Goes match. Jimmy came down and they started brawling. This was actually a pretty short match, and predictably, Delirious ran out and attacked Aries, as well as a new member of Age Of The Fall named Brody Lee, who I was not familiar with, but is a very big guy. AOTF puts the beatdown on Aries, and Jacobs wins with the End Time front guillotine choke.

-After the match, Jimmy Jacobs officially introduces Lee as the newest member of AOTF, and this goes right into Brody Lee and Delirious taking on the returning Cheech and Cloudy. This was the first chance I've gotten to see Cheech and Cloudy wrestle since they left ROH after the end of Special K over three years ago, and I was blown away by how much they've improved. They've developed into a great tag team, and I was really impressed with how smooth their work was. Of course AOTF ended up getting the win following a big boot from Lee.

-Rhett Titus came out and introduced his new valet, Jackie McKay, who I believe I saw getting squashed by Sara Del Rey a few weeks ago, but is now decked out in a schoolgirl outfit, playing up kind of a jailbait look. Daizee came out and attacked Rhett, leading to Daizee against Jackie. Jackie showed some stuff in the ring, but Daizee won with the Mindtrip after only a couple of minutes, after which she chased Titus to the back.

-ROH World Tag Team Champions Kevin Steen & El Generico defeated the Osirian Portal. This was my first time seeing the Portal, and while they are very small guys, they do a very interesting Egyptian gimmick where their outfits are patterned after classic ancient Egyptian styles. The Portal was a lot of fun to watch, as they have a somwhat unique style that you really have to see to understand. This was partly played up for comedy, with Steen getting frustrated at Generico for being snake charmed by the Portal, as well as some of the Portal's other goofy shenanigans. Steen & Generico pick up the win with the top rope legdorp/swanton combination.

-FIP Champion Go Shiozaki and the Necro Butcher battled to a double countout. They brawled in the ring for a few minutes before the brawl spilled out to the floor. From there they fought all over the venue and back into the ring, then the brawl spilled back out to the floor and over near the merch table, and the referee counted both men out of the ring. Go and Necro fought to the back, but Necro ended up getting jumped by Age Of The Fall and brought to the ring, where Jimmy Jacobs made mention of Necro's children and told him he thinks he's a bad father, and will make sure he never has any more children, then had Delirious and Brody Lee pull Necro groin first into the ringpost. AOTF left and Necro did a hardcore job selling the injury as he was helped to the back.

-Brent Albright defeated Chris Hero by submission with the crowbar. Great match, and I continue to be impressed by how good Hero's striking ability has gotten. Albright took a ton of punishment from Hero, but came back with the half nelson suplex for two, then the crowbar for the tapout. After the match, Albright challenged Sweeney to bring Sweet & Sour Inc to face a team led by himself in a Steel Cage Warfare match at Final Battle 2008 in New York City.

-After intermission, Davey Richards won a Six Man Mayhem match which also included Claudio Castagnoli, Hallowicked, Ruckus, Jason Blade, and Rhett Titus. The crowd was very into Rhett Titus and Hallowicked, and kept getting Claudio ticked off by yelling "HEY!" after every move Claudio did. Claudio looked like a monster here, throwing everybody else in the match around for most of the bout, while no selling a lot of the stuff the others gave him. Davey picked up the win by making Hallowicked tap out to the key lock, but Claudio got angry and trashed ringside again, and beat up a couple people on his way to the back.

-Tyler Black defeated Jerry Lynn in another great showing by both men. The crowd was split 50/50 for this one, with each men having their share of supporters. Jerry seemed to tweak his knee for real early on, but it didn't seem to play much into the match. Jerry kicked out of the small package driver, but Tyler hit the Phoenix Splash for the win. After the match was over, Tyler got on the house mic and said that we're in a world where change is happening, and soon the wrestling world will change when he wins the ROH World Title. The crowd started chanting "next world champ" as Tyler and Lynn shook hands.

-In the main event, Jay & Mark Briscoe defeated LAX. This was a very good match, and you could tell that Homicide was having the time of his life being back in front of the ROH crowd, which was about 80/20 for LAX. Both Briscoes were bloodied in this match, with Mark getting a cut below his right eye, while Jay's nose started bleeding after a big toss from Hernandez. Very close match with each team taking turns being in control. Jay kicked out after a Homicide lariat, and Mark kicked out of a Cop Killa, but then Homicide kicked out of the Jay Driller. At the end, Hernandez came in and started tossing the Briscoes around, but they came back and gave him a superplex, then the top rope legdrop/shooting star press combo for the win. After the match, Homicide again put over ROH and the fans.

-After the show was over, I walked outside and found Chris Hero and Sweet & Sour Inc beating up Brent Albright in the parking lot. It was a pretty long, ugly beating, with Larry Sweeney and his crew forcing Bobby Dempsey to lay in an occasional shot on Albright. Hero knocked Albright out, and Albright ended up getting carried inside. After that the cops showed up in the parking lot, as somebody apparently must have thought it was a real brawl breaking out in the parking lot and called the cops. I didn't stick around to see what happened next, but I assume they figured out pretty quickly that it was part of the show.

Pretty full house, I'd guess in the 700-800 range, but again, I'm not very good at estimating crowd sizes.

They return to New Jersey in January.

PWInsider