Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angle's #1 Girl Fan The Olympic Chick's Avatar

My TNA Impact Review for Xbox 360

I picked up my copy of TNA Impact for the xbox 360 yesterday and it is bascially everything I'd expect it to be. I will now take the time to review the main points of the game and what I thought about each of them:

Graphics:

Pros:
    No surprises here, the graphics look stunning, especially if you are playing the game in HD like I do. The character models look great as well as the Impact zone.I still stand behind not being upset that there aren't full enterances in the game. I love that the enterances are short. I always ended up skipping the SVR ones because once you seen them once, you don't want to sit through them again, or least I don't want to.

Cons:
    There are tiny graphical errors at times during gameplay like a wrestler lying on the canvas' foot may go through the ring a little bit but no big deal there.

Sound:

Pros:
    TNA Wrestlers themes play during the menu screens which I find SO much better than the popular rock music that is played during the SvR games. You get so tired of hearing them over and over again that it makes you want to scream. There are realistic sounds when your excute a grappling move.

Cons:
    Commentating could have been better. There is a lot of times where they say the same thing twice. I must say though that it is better than hearing JR and King or Michael Cole or Tazz say the same cheesy dialogue every single match. Some of the punching sounds are a little too loud and unrealistic.

Gameplay:

Pros:
    Very fun and innovative. This game actually CHALLENGES you. Don't expect to breeze though story mode like you have been able to in all the SmackDown games. The matches are fast pace and make you think quickly on your feet so to speak. One on one matches, in someways, the AI of your opponent is better than the SVR series. For example, when your opponent gets the upper hand, he will continue to beat on you where SvR's AI will just stand there while you are dazed. Ultimate X is very fun. There will be a lot of "OMG that looked awesome!" moments when your wrestler pulls off some great high flying move from the cables. There was some cool little things I found like if you are down on the mat and your opponent is standing over you, you can kick him to give yourself time to get up. Also you can kick your opponent in the leg as you roll back into the ring from the outside. Little things like that are always cool to discover.

Cons:
    My one HUGE gripe about gameplay is tag matches. OMG, a fixed camera far from the ring and partners that only sometimes decide to break up the pins. Another thing that I don't care for is the kick out meter when you are being pinned. You have to move the analog stick left and right fast in order to fill up your kick out meter before you get pinned for the 3 count. This is easier said then done at times and you may sometimes find yourself getting pinned when you only have yellow damage. I mean, I know how to button match but even I can't fill up the bar in time by using the stick. There aren't that many moves in the game as I would have liked there to be even though all of them look smooth and fluid. I would have liked to see more than one finisher for each wrestler. Kurt Angle seems incomplete without his trust ankle lock in his arsenal.

CAW Mode:

Pros:
    The CAW body models are highly detailed. I also like the decals that you can put over some of the clothing. I think it's original how the intergrated CAW mode so nicely into the story mode.

Cons:
    This is a very basic mode, none of the bells and whistles that we can expect from SvR every year. There is no body morphing, there are only a handful of CAW slots, and when you go to choice your CAW's enterance your choices read something like "Enterance 1" and so on, there is no way to preview these enterances to know what each one looks like. There is a limited number of clothing choices and I believe it will be very hard to make any of your favorite wrestlers that aren't in the game even though I haven't unlocked all the moves and such.

Story Mode:

Pros:

This story mode reminds me a bit of how No Mercy's story mode was. You will most likely have to play some matches in story mode 2 or 3 times before you actually win the match and advance. It's not going to be easy win after win like in SvR season mode. The cutscenes are done well and I enjoy my character's commentary during loading screens. Some have said that they are upset that you only have a default/limited move set at the start of the game but it needs to be noted that with each match you win you get points that go toward unlocking moves that you can then give to your wrestler if you choose to modify him via the locker room menu.

Cons:
    Mine one BIG problem with story mode is the number of tag team matches you have to suffer though. One or two would be okay but several is just ridiculous. I also don't like that you ALWAYS have to win the matches to advance. A 2 player option would have been nice for story mode as well to make the tag team matches less painful.

The Roster:

Pros:
    The majority of the big names in TNA are all there an accounted for. They're likenesses are spot on.

Cons:
    Why oh why, would TNA and Midway put Afro Thunder in the game over the x division champ Petey Williams or Consequences Creed? Sure Petey is going to be available for DLC but that's just wrong that he isn't in the game already. I also don't like that some of the normal roster is locked at the beginning forcing you to play through story mode. I could see if some of the guys who are legendary or don't wrestle that often were locked but Brother Ray and Eric Young, come on now.

Final Thoughts and Score:
    I highly recommend TNA Impact for any TNA fan or just someone who loves wrestling games. It is a great alternative to SvR. While it has it's flaws, Midway did nail down a good bases for gameplay which is key. I am definitely looking forward to the sequel where Midway will have the chance to fix some of the annoying aspects that plagued this game.

Grade: B-

^Proof that I'm Kurt's #1 Fan! He said so himself!:tehe:

The Eating Machine! Kenpachi Zaraki's Avatar

Interesting review.............i agree on with you on the entrances thing it tens do get boring after sometime..............i hv 2 wait and hope it comes out on PC

If Kenpachi used his Bankai, Armageddon, Ragnarok, and every other form of the apocalypse would march from the depths of hell with their demonic legions of death.... then take one look at him and turn tail and run.

I just about agree with every word you posted Dom. Thanks for the review.

yes thanks dom i completely agree ive been telling people not to blindly follow the media
    The Eel Collection
    [Today 03:41 PM] EeL: can you touch yourself for me please
    [Today 06:27 PM] EeL: I was hoping you'd be a perfectly tanned muscle head!
    [Today 05:10 PM] EeL: I wish I could meet Bam Neely just to touch his beard
    [Today 10:57 PM] EeL: now I just need Rob in here to give him my special chocolate bar
    [Today 09:16 PM] EeL: gay tackle! yay! I love those
    [Today 09:47 PM] EeL: jacking off, I'm down for that
    You Have My Bow

[Today 03:16 PM] Punisher: Rob aint got shit on you

I agree 100% I would add though the fact it takes forever to get the new moves

gfx credit: Role Model

"The best in the world" Andre Jones
    Triple Crown Winner
    2x LOW Heavyweight Champion
    2x Mr. Money in the Bank
    2013 Superstar of the Year
    1X Universal Champion
    1X LOW Tag Team Champion
    42-18-2 1-NC

Ashley Lane
    1X Women's Champion
    6-4-1

yeah but it gives you a reason to keep playing eh?
    The Eel Collection
    [Today 03:41 PM] EeL: can you touch yourself for me please
    [Today 06:27 PM] EeL: I was hoping you'd be a perfectly tanned muscle head!
    [Today 05:10 PM] EeL: I wish I could meet Bam Neely just to touch his beard
    [Today 10:57 PM] EeL: now I just need Rob in here to give him my special chocolate bar
    [Today 09:16 PM] EeL: gay tackle! yay! I love those
    [Today 09:47 PM] EeL: jacking off, I'm down for that
    You Have My Bow

[Today 03:16 PM] Punisher: Rob aint got shit on you

Doesn't come out till Friday over here i'm so amped