Last night's Raw went off the air without a finish in the Triple H vs. Randy Orton WWE Championship match, following a storyline angle where "power mad" General Manager William Regal forced the director to cut off the show since he felt had been disrespected during the show. On WWE.com later that night, Regal ordered a match between Triple H and Orton for Judgment Day, inside a steel cage. However, the result of the Raw match was nowhere to be found on the website.

That's because there wasn't one.

In front of a sold-out crowd at the Izod Center in New Jersey, shortly after the Raw broadcast had ended, William Regal came out and ordered that the match be stopped. And it was, with Randy Orton simply leaving the ring. The paying fans did not get a result in their main event, and to make matters worse, there was no additional "dark match" main event following HHH vs. Orton. The show simply ended for the fans in attendance with no conclusion, not unlike what we saw on TV last night.

Now, you can argue the merits of not giving a finish to Orton-HHH on television. After all, WWE is looking to have us spend money on a PPV in less than three weeks headlined by Orton-HHH in a cage. However, it is hard to defend the decision to not give the sold out crowd of paying customers a finish, or at least a dark match featuring main event talent. This leads to today's poll question:

What's your take on WWE not having a finish to Triple H vs. Randy Orton?

I'm fine with it. It's a smart move to get fans to pay to see it on PPV.
I'm fine with it for the television audience, but the live crowd got screwed.
I don't like it. They wasted the time of TV viewers and screwed the live audience.

PWInsider.com