John Cena was interviewed by USA Today about his upcoming films, noting that he's at a point where he can use his WWE work to fulfill one aspect of what he wants to do and pursue "being an adult" with some of the acting work he's been able to do lately.

WWE's John Cena dishes on living on the edge — in Hollywood

For as long as pro wrestling’s been a thing, bodyslammers and elbowdroppers have muscled their way into Hollywood, from Hulk Hogan to “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. And Dwayne Johnson, who perfected his personality as “The Rock” as a WWE champion, is one of movies’ biggest box-office draws.

A recent visitor to the town of Bedrock, John Cena is wrestling’s top superstar, a fan favorite for crowds of kids and also WWE’s most popular good guy — or “babyface” in the in-ring parlance. He has quite a few movies to his credit himself, though if we’re being honest The Marine, 12 Rounds and the occasional episode of E! network’s Total Divas isn’t quite the same as the Fast & Furious franchise.

Since he’s an action hero every week on USA Network’s Monday Night Raw, Cena told us how unproductive it is for him to do those kind of on-screen roles in films, too. Which is why his high-profile parts in two upcoming projects are the opposite of his current wrestling persona.

In Judd Apatow’s Trainwreck (in theaters July 17), Cena is Amy Schumer’s scene-stealing “confused boyfriend/ex-boyfriend” Steven, who in the movie is mockingly called “Mark Wahlberg” by another guy. (His response: “Mark Wahlberg’s like 150 pounds. I look like Mark Wahlberg ate Mark Wahlberg!”) And in Sisters, the wrestler’s a tattooed drug dealer alongside Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. (It comes out Dec. 18, the same day as Star Wars: The Force Awakens, so good luck with that.)

Trainwreck - Official Trailer (HD)

Playing edgier characters helps him evolve creatively, says Cena:

“I’m trying to get my fix of the adult, non-PG racy stuff with the movie parts that I choose. I had to take a break from movies for a while to redefine where I wanted to go, but now I get my aspirational fill from being a part of the WWE family, and I can pick and choose these small, really fun movie roles where I still get to be an adult.”
And while we wait for him to join the Rock in a love for all things T.Swizzle, enjoy this throwback to Cena’s days as the antagonistic “Doctor of Thuganomics”:

Original article can be found by clicking here.